Chapter 12: Lando?

I was walking around the paddocks and then I finally saw him, he was talking to Carlos, of course he was by Ferrari.

"Lando, hey sorry to interrupt,I was looking all over for you, Cindy wanted me to give you these stickers to add onto your helmet". "Oh, Hey thanks Bri, I was just about to head back to McLaren wanna walk with me?" "I mean I was trying to get to the Red Bull paddock but I guess I have time since I found you sooner than expected." "You're not gonna watch the race from McLaren?" "No I figured it'll be best for my brother, since he's been upset with me lately." "Well we still have time till the race starts, wanna chill with me until it's time to go?" "What do you mean there's time it starting soon?" "They delayed our start since the track is wet from the rain this morning" "Oh in that case sure why not, lead the way."

We were back in his driver's room and were talking for a solid half hour, but he got notified he needed to start suiting up into his race gear, since he didn't have it on, so I took that as my cue to leave. I wished him good luck and was on my way to RB.

Once I got to Red Bull I saw Kelly sending Max off, and my brother leaving to go to the track, he smiled at me and waved goodbye. Once both of them had left,  Kelly and I found our seats and started watching the race.

Not even 10 minutes in, the race was paused due to more rain, there were three crashes already, luckily Lando and Daniel were still doing fine, but they weren't near the lead. At the end of the race Max ended up wining again, Daniel had placed 11th and Lando 10th. Today wasn't a good race day for both of them again. 

Kelly went out and congratulated max meanwhile like always, and I stood inside the paddock, waiting for my brother to come in. "Bri you're still here!" "I told you I was gonna watch from Red Bull today" "I assumed you would have gone down to McLaren at some point" "No, why would I, I'm here to root for you" "So there's nothing going on between you and Lando" "not at all"

At this moment I knew I had fucked up, because I was indeed wanting to go to McLaren after talking to Daniel. However seeing him this happy to find out that there was nothing going on between Lando and I, made me feel bad.

Conflicted with what I should do or rather where I should go, I decided to go home. I didn't stop by McLaren and I definitely didn't stay at Red Bull. I called a cab and texted Kelly just incase that I was going. She asked why I was leaving so soon, so I told her I didn't feel good and left it at that. 

On my way back to the hotel, I  had received a text from Lando but I decided to leave him on delivered, he kept on texting and tried calling but I didn't answer. If our relationship was upsetting Daniel so much I couldn't let it grow into anything more despite what Kelly says.

I settled down and remembered I should check my email, that's when I saw the letter from McLaren saying I was leaving for America tomorrow, a day before the drivers for the United States Grand Prix in Austin. I set my phone on do not disturb and went to sleep after packing knowing I'd have an other early flight. Honestly I'm starting to dread traveling.

A long while later I was Shaken up, I looked at the time, it was midnight, and someone was knocking on my door. I was too scared to open it, but I went to investigate. I looked through the peephole and it was Lando. "Bri just open the door if you're in there I'm worried" I opened the door, and asked him what he was doing here. "I'm sorry to wake you up, I tried texting and calling but you wouldn't answer, and I didn't see you after the race so I got concerned. Please don't take this the wrong way, I just wanted to make sure you're ok. I just couldn't handle not knowing if something had happened with you and Daniel or something". Shocked to see hime standing infant of my door I was scrambling for words "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you, I just left the race in a rush, and I didn't hear my phone" here I am lying again, only to Lando this time, I'm starting to become quite good at it and I don't think that's a good thing. 

Leaving that thought behind, next thing I know Lando and I are staring at each other awkwardly through the door frame. Quickly and out of nowhere we kiss, I don't know who started it maybe it was us both, but oh boy am I glad we did . Forgetting about all the things I said earlier, we were making out passionately our hands moving around each other like crazy. Lando was so gentle, yet desperate, we were both fulfilling the craving we've been aching for lately. "I mean just one kiss can't ruin our friendship after all right?" "No it would take a lot more to get me to stop seeing you love" he smiled, and we went right back into making out.

When we came to a stop, Lando started to mumble "Bria you have no clue how long I've been wanting to do that for." saying it in a slight pant short of breath from our kiss still. My brain was barely processing what had just happened, I'd actually kissed Lando Norris! Feeling the urge to say something back, I stumbled over my words, "I'd let you in, trust me I'd love to hear more about that first sentance but I have a flight in 4 hours so I need to get sleep" he chuckled and said goodnight with the biggest smile on his face looking like a fool in love, "You're gonna be mine Bri" "We'll see about that Norris." I closed the door swooning at the interaction between us, unable to keep my joy under wraps.