CHAPTER 26

"You must be Team Three," the man who greeted the group said as they approached the gates of the capital. "Please, allow me to escort you to the Daimyo's residence."

"Of course," Sakura replied, taking note of the man's katana. She glanced towards Masato, who's head shook.

Not a shinobi, as expected.

Sakura was surprised as she walked through the city. She knew the country was nearly entirely mountainous, so it being built on such flat ground was surprising.

Despite the glares some of the older citizens of the city sent their way, most of the people they passed cast curious glances at heir headbands rather than looks of disdain. Sakura made an effort to stand tall at the head of their group, and walked alongside the soldier who was leading them along.

Soon after their arrival, they had made it to a large, traditional looking home. Sakura had expected some form of palace, but it seemed that wasn't to the Daimyo's tastes. She could only hope none of her teammates passed judgement.

The man who was leading them had a word with one of the guards at the gate before it was opened, the man joined by a couple more as they made it inside.

"Riku-sama will see to you soon," the man said, leading them down a hallway. "In the meantime I will show you to your lodgings."

The hallway led them back outside, although to the other side of the large house, and into a courtyard. On the other side sat what seemed to be a barracks, and beside it sat a second, smaller one.

"Riku-sama doesn't need two barracks worth of samurai on hand for his protection here in the capital," the man who had still yet to introduce himself said, "especially with you all here, so the second building will house you for the duration of your stay."

Sakura nodded in understanding then, as the man brought them inside. It was basic, with six beds and little room for much more. A bathroom was thankfully provided, too.

"I'll leave you all to settle in," he said then, turning to leave. "Riku-sama will likely call for you this evening."

Once the man had left, Sakura gave a sigh of relief before a buzzing filled the air, insects flying out from Shino's sleeves.

"Make sure this room is secure, and be careful nobody notices your Kikaichu," Sakura ordered, watching as the insects flew towards the various walls and corners of the room.

"Hinata, scan the property for anything you think is abnormal," she ordered next, and the Hyuga girl nodded in agreement before the veins around her eyes bulged.

A moment later, Shino nodded to lt her know the room was safe, whilst Hinata did the same.

"Good, we should be able to settle down for now, then," Sakura replied, sitting herself on one of the beds closest to the door.

She placed her pack down to the ground alongside everyone else before Masato went and passed out a tag to each of them.

Kiba and Hinata seemed confused, but as Nanako placed hers on her pack, causing it to camouflage into the background, they nodded in understanding.

"It's based on Nanako's summons," Masato explained as he activated his own. "I can't use them on people since their chakra disrupts the chakra flow, but these should last at least a month before we need to reapply them."

"I can still smell them," Kiba noted a second later, with Akamaru barking in agreement by his feet, and Hinata activated her Byakugan again a second after.

"And I can see the flow of chakra through the seal using my eyes," she added.

Masato nodded, "It's only visual, but in a country with little to no shinobi presence it will do."