CHAPTER 29

"Just let me fucking hit you!" Hidan roared, sounding both irritated and somehow maniacal in the same breath. If Sakura had to guess, he was actually enjoying throwing them around as they barely dodged his Scythe.

Shino didn't let up in his continuous dodging and blocking though, whilst Hinata peppered the man with Air Palms and Kiba occasionally managed to breath through his defenses and hit with his Fang Passing Fang.

Sakura meanwhile did the same, occasionally switching places with Shino, dodging backwards and striking if an opportunity arose.

Her ribs protested at the movement, but she pushed through the pain with a grimace as she avoided the man's attacks.

Their invisible ally occasionally made an attack, but Sakura knew they couldn't do much. If they were too aggressive, Hidan would deduce their location easily.

But Team Three could only dodge and block for so long. Shino's blade was broken and destroyed whilst Hidan's own looked pristine, all of them were panting and out of breath whilst Hidan's angry grin only grew as he danced between them.

He may have been more injured than they were, but Sakura was starting to realise it wasn't because of his ineptitude or their skil, but because he didn't care.

Eventually, Hidan's scythe sliced into Shino's leg, and for reasons unknown to all of Team Three, the air went ominously still.

______________

A circle of blood, a triangle drew within, and Hidan's skin went pitch black with white accents.

Then, his malicious grin changed into a malicious cackle, before full blown maniacal laughter filled the air.

They were frozen still, the Killing intent flooding the air suffocating.

Then, Hidan gripped his weapon and plunged it deep within his arm, making it come out the other side with a sickening crunch.

When he did, Sakura's head barely managed to snap towards Shino's form, which had crumpled in on itself as he writhed in pain, blood pouring from his arm.

Sakura forced herself to move then, remembering her lessons from the academy about killing intent.

The best motivator is pain.

So, she slashed the blade of water still present in her palm against her leg, careful to avoid any arteries, before surging forth.

Hidan's eyes widened a fraction as she charged forwards, and he scowled.

Taking his weapon again, he went to bring it to his own heart.

But Sakura made it just in time, her palm blades forgotten in favour of pure Taijutsu as she slams into the missing nin.

Even if it was a suicide attack, she wouldn't allow Shino to die for the mission. She somehow doubted it was though.

Pushing him out of the circle of blood, Hidan growled as his skin returned to its normal colour. Sakura heard Shino grunt as he too felt the impact, but better he fall to the ground temporarily than permanently.

"You fucking brat!" Hidan roared, gone the look of amusement from before as pure rage filled his expression. "I'll kill you for that!"