Chapter 18: Enzo

"We are so glad one of the Gilbert children had taken an interest in their fathers work. Of course we knew it would be you considering your father brought you here many times as a child but still" it took everything in me not to snap at the male in front of me. They knew nothing of why my father brought me here. It was not to learn but to experiment and figure out ways to better use me to help the family yet no one knew the truth but me and my parents who are not six feet under

Plastering on a fake smile I followed the man into my dads deserted office. "Just doing what I can to help now if you don't mind I'll like to look around" I closed to door once the doctor left and almost instantly went through the files on his desk.

Scrolling through them I stopped at a picture. I was a vampire locked inside of a cage. He was glaring at the camera with his fangs bared ready to attack. I opened that file first and almost wish I hadn't.

The guys name was Enzo and he was kept here locked up and used for experiments. They had him for years and honestly the stuff I read was sickening. They detailed everything. They tortured they guy for years and I honestly felt bad for the guy.  I didn't particularly like vampires but now deserved the hell he was put through.

Sighing I took the file with me and walked back out where the doctor was already waiting. I waved my hand in his face knowing my eyes were already glowing red. I watched him go into a daze from it"take me to Enzo "

The doctor instantly walked off with me following close behind. I knew I would either have to free him or kill him depending on how he acted. If he was one of those vampires who would just massacre anything and everything I'll sadly have to put him done but if that won't the case then he could run free. What they did to him was wrong yes but unleashing a possible monster was also wrong. Hopefully he won't one and could be reasoned with.

The doctor walked me down a dimly lit staircase before leading me to a cell. My eyes instantly went to the starved vampire who looked on the verge of death."here for another torture session" he didn't look up once and I could clearly see how broken the man was

"Todays actually your lucky day" smirking I bent down making eye contact with Enzo the second he looked up with a glare."I'm getting you out of here"

He narrowed his eyes instantly, distrust clear inside his eyes."why would you help me?"

I asked my question that as well. I was already babysitting Vicki and here I am about to add another vampire into the mix.

"No one deserves to be treated the way you have been. I'm willing to get you out of here and fed but I need to know what you will do with that new found freedom. I can't have you going on a killing spree though" I could see a flicker of hope in his eyes as I grabbed the key off the doctor behind me. Looking at Enzo I used my magic to look into his mind. He had so much anger inside of him but I saw the hope and respect he held for me.

Opening the cage he instantly fed on the doctor behind me. The doctor was a bad guy so I didn't mind that death and began walking out. "Kill those who hurt you only " glancing towards Enzo I barely saw him nod before he was gone again. I really hoped I wouldn't regret this.

Walking out of the building I went back to my car. I had to get answers and soon and sadly that might mean seeking out the suited vampire. He was dangerous that much I could tell . Just as was pulling out did my passenger door open and close. Enzo sat there looking at me almost like a lost puppy"mind if I tag along, I won't cause trouble for you but I'll much rather stay by my saviors side for now"

I didn't say a word to the man just silently cursed myself out as I drove myself back to mystic falls. I disliked vampires yet here I am basically adopting one and babysitting another one back at home. Life couldn't get more chaotic then this

Vote and comment. Should Enzo stay by his side? Also todays my birthday yay!