Old Friends

(Requested by @soso_yad)

~~~~~

"Shut up, Toretto."

Layla said as she laughed at Tony's stupid teasing. It was mid-afternoon and they had just gotten back from lunch and were heading back to their cars to race to the garage.

"I'm just saying, Layla. Texan's have weird accents. I've been to Texas before!"

"And?! What are you trying to start, Toretto?"

"Nothin'!"

Layla laughed even more when some of the Texas accent slipped into Tony's voice, and he didn't realize it. Tony would sometimes say stuff with a Texas accent, and he wouldn't even notice because it's how he had always said it. Felt too natural to him for him to even notice it.

"What are you laughing at now?!"

Tony asked as he rolled his eyes. Layla gave him a smile as they got closer to their cars.

"I'm not goin' to tell you because it'll ruin it!"

"Hmph!"

Tony snorted as they kept walking till a sudden shriek of excitement caught their attention.

"O.M.G. Layla Gray?"

Three random girls ran up to Layla and Tony as they both exchanged confused glances.

"Sorry, she got excited. You must not remember us."

The red head of the group said as she calmed the brunette down. Now that they were all standing in front of Layla and Tony, they finally got a good look at the three girls before them.

The brunette was a very energetic girl. Her hair was long and straight, tied in a hair band and thrown over her shoulder. She also had eyes that were an incredibly lighter shade of brown compared to Tony's or even his sister's, and her fair dark skin was a good match for her eyes. Out of the three, she was also the shortest of the bunch. She wore high waisted, denim shorts with small rips, along with a crop-top of a monkey in a sombrero.

Next to the brunette was the red head. She was medium height, no taller than Layla but was probably taller than Echo. Her hair was a nice light shade of red and was cut short into a long bob, the ends reaching her shoulders. Her eyes were a bright shade of emerald green and the outfit she wore matched them perfectly. She wore light blue skinny jeans and a dark blue blouse, the sleeves cuffed down to above her elbows.

Staying in the back of the group and the one that still hadn't said a word yet was the black-haired girl. Her hair was jet black, darker compared to the black hair color of Tony's, and was long, but no longer than the brunette. She was the tallest out of the group, was tanned, like she had been hanging out on a beach. Her eyes a dull color of bluish grey, almost like she had seen it all but was too young to have. She wore black leggings and a purple tank top, showing off some of the small tattoos she had randomly scattered around her arms.

"Calm down, Eva. She probably doesn't remember us."

The name rang a bell in Layla's head as she examined the group further, digging through her memories of who these girls were.

"My name is Kélya Lase. The excited one is Eva Flotel and the one behind me is Yana Astogov. If you remember, we were in elementary school together and hung out all the time."

It finally hit Layla who the girls were as she smiled.

"Now I finally remember. Man, y'all sure have change."

The girls laughed until they looked at Tony.

"And who is he?"

Kélya asked as she looked him up and down, sending a jolt of heat down Layla's spine as she pushed the feeling away and smiled again.