Just a Kiss

Snoring filled the room, waking Layla from her sleep. She hated that Nowhere was being cheap and didn't buy separate rooms for the boys and girls.

The Spy Racers were on an international mission in Hong Kong, and they were staying in a hotel. The room was nice, and very spacious, consisting of three beds, two doubles and a queen. The queen was in a different section of the room, separating their bosses from the teens. 

The girls slept in one double, and Tony and Frostee slept in the other while Cisco offered to sleep on the couch. For a suite, it was very nice and had plenty of room for the seven of them.

Layla sat up, aggravated that Cisco and Palindrome's snoring was so nosy. She looked around in the dark room and realized that someone was missing. While Frostee slept on the right side of the bed, Tony was supposed to be sleeping on the left, but his side was a mess he was gone.

Layla slowly got out of bed without waking Echo and slowly walked around the room, looking for where Tony might've gone. He wasn't in the main section of the room, and he sure wouldn't risk his life going into the section Mrs. Nowhere and Palindrome were in, so where was he?

Turning back to head into her section of the room, Layla finally spotted Tony standing outside on the small balcony the room had. Slowly, she made her way outside to join him. He didn't acknowledge her as she closed the glass sliding door behind her and leaned against the railing with him.

They didn't say anything to each other for a long time. They just let the wind blow against them as they looked over the city. It was a mission they wanted to be done with, but they still had to catch the bad guy.

Layla would occasionally glance at Tony. He looked tired, but also lost in the sky. She wondered why he was up in the first place, but considering they still hadn't said anything to each other yet, she was going to wait to find out.

For a long time, Layla had feelings for Tony that she would always push away. She never wanted to admit that she liked Tony. She had a reputation of being the badass of the crew to uphold. But recently, it just seemed like her feelings for him were growing, and they were becoming harder to contain. Plus, she didn't even know if she wanted that kind of relationship with Tony.

About 15 minutes of standing there without saying anything to each other, Tony finally looked at Layla like she hadn't been next to him that entire time.

"What are you doing up?"

"Cisco is nosy."

Tony smiled as he lightly laughed, knowing that she was right, but wasn't going to agree with her for his friend's honor.

"The better question is what are you doing up?"

Layla asked as she nudge Tony with her elbow. He glanced at her then returned his focus to the sky.

"I don't really know. I'm tired, but I can't sleep. It's strange, but not unusual I guess."

Layla stared at Tony for what seemed like an eternity. She didn't know the exact reasons why she had feelings for him. There was one way of finding out, but she didn't want to mess up what she had with Tony.

"Have you ever thought how we see stars that are lightyears away?"

The question was out of nowhere and surprised Layla. She had an answer, but words got caught in her throat by the way Tony was looking at her.

"Well, I wondered. And I found the answer. It's based on their age and intensity."

"Yeah, I know all of that. But I mean how do we see them? How do they just appear in the sky?"

Layla had no clue what Tony was rambling on about and he apparently didn't either as he laughed at his own questions.

"Such stupid questions."

Tony muttered as he looked at the city. Layla had a feeling that Tony's sleepiness was getting to him. Layla gently put her hand over his on the railing.

"The moon is pretty tonight."

"That it is."

Tony looked up at the moon with Layla. There was a weird air between them, and it made both of them feel strange. 

"Just one."

Layla simply stated, although she didn't know why.

"One what?"

"Just a kiss. In the dark under the moonlight."

"That is probably the cheesiest thing you have ever said."

Tony said, his voice laced with exhaustion and fondness. Layla lightly punched his arm as she got closer to him.

"I don't want to push this, Tony. I just want to know how it feels. If we don't think it's right, we can forget about it in the morning. But if it's true, then I want to take it slow and explore this. Us."

Tony stared at Layla for a moment before he finally pushed himself off the railing. He slowly raised his hand and gently placed his hand on her cheek. Layla placed her hand on top of his as his thumb gently caressed her skin.

No words needed to be said at the moment. It was obvious what they wanted. Answers. Answers for their feelings. One shot in the dark.

Tony slowly leaned in, and Layla didn't hesitant as they lips connected. The kiss was slow and filled with the answers they needed. Layla's skin burned under Tony's, and she knew that everything she felt for him was real.

When they pulled away, the two stared into each other's eyes for a moment. Tony's hand dropped from Layla's cheek and feel to his side. 

"We should probably get back to bed. It's going to be a long day tomorrow."

Layla muttered, and Tony nodded his head. They didn't need to explore their feelings anymore that night. Not when their friends could wake up and see them. Not when they have a mission at hand.

They would explore their feelings when they got home. Because what they felt, it felt right. They weren't going to mess up their relationship. It was exactly what they wanted.

Tony and Layla went back indoors. They were about to head back to their respective beds when Tony grabbed Layla's wrist and gave her one quick kiss.

"Goodnight, Layla."

"Goodnight, Tony."

Even in the dark, the moonlight shining on their faces was enough to see the smile they were giving each other. And with that kiss, they went back to bed. Tony fell asleep almost instantly, but Layla was awake a little longer.

Layla couldn't help but smile and be happy. Tony felt the exact same about her. They had kiss. Things couldn't be better for her at that moment. They would figure out the density of their feelings when they got home.

But that one kiss. That one shot in the dark. It was all worth it.

~~~~~

A/N: Yes, I know it was short, and yes, I know it was probably the cheesiest thing in the world. Don't judge me. I thought it was a really cute idea and wanted to do it. I got the inspiration for it after listening to Lady A's song, 'Just a Kiss'. Totally recommend y'all go listen to it if you're into country and love songs. Have a good day/night!