Undercover

Layla's POV

Mrs. Nowhere had texting suddenly at 12:36 in the afternoon, saying that all of the Spy Racers need to get to the garage pronto. None of them had a clue what she needed or what was so important that they needed to get to the garage right away, but they did as their boss instructed and hurried to the garage.

Layla was the last to pull up and ran into the garage, wondering what was so important. She joined the group at their meeting area, noticing that Tony wasn't there.

"Where's Toretto? Mrs. Nowhere is going to be pissed if Tony is late."

Layla sat as she sat down next to Echo.

"We don't know. I tried calling Tony several times, but he wouldn't answer. It just went to voicemail."

Echo explained as she looked around for a hint of where Tony was. As if on cue, Mrs. Nowhere's heels could be heard as she came walking up to the group with Gary and Julius in tow.

"That's because Toretto is on a mission, and we have finally been read into the mission to help him out."

Mrs. Nowhere stated as she moved out of the way for a woman in a suit, carrying a file. The entire group could tell that she looked important.

"This is Assistant Direction Emily Shepard. She will be filling us in on what kind of mission Toretto was sent on."

"Why was Tony sent on a mission without us?"

Echo asked with her arms crossed. None of them was happy that their friend was sent on a mission without them and wasn't informed either.

"Because it was a deep undercover mission that Toretto agreed to do. He went under the alias Antonio Cortez and infiltrated a drug cartel. He got involved with the boss's daughter in an... intimate relationship."

As soon as those two words left the assistant director's mouth, Layla's blood boiled. An intimate relationship? What did that mean? That Tony was dating a random woman but wasn't at the same time?

"How long has this infiltration been going on?"

Mrs. Nowhere asked, also wondering the same thing of how Tony could be in an intimate relationship with someone he didn't know.

"About eight months. Her name is Gracie Sandiago. That girl is... interesting. She started dating Tony four months after knowing each other. Their relationship has gone the way we planned it though.

The assistant director pulled up some pictures on the computer screen. A lot of them were Tony and the girl hugging each other, eating, or doing other things. There were two though that nearly made Layla cry.

One of the photos involved Tony and the girl kissing, deeply, in Tony's car. And if that one wasn't bad enough, there was another photo of the girl lifting Tony's shirt up while they were kissing in a romantic environment of a bedroom.

"As far as we know, the two actually haven't had sexual intercourse yet. Her father seems to get back at the right time before they start anything. We did instruct Tony to use protection if there ever came a point where he would have to sex with her to protect his cover."

None of the Spy Racers could understand the mission. Yeah, they knew this like this went on, but they didn't think one of their own would ever get assign one of those cases.

Layla was the one having the hardest time wrapping her mind around Tony and this girl. Of course, she didn't care if Tony had his own dating life, but there still was something in the back of Layla's mind that made her rageful.

The assistant director finally took down the photos of Tony and Gracie and put up the photos are the man they are really after.

"This is José Sandiago. He is the drug dealer Tony has started working for as of recent. Tony is in charge of setting up meetings with potential buyers."