Undercover

"Chief, wouldn't it be weird to send two boys as a couple?" Adrian spoke. I don't know if he has a point or not, but I don't mind it if it means that I have a chance to catch him or even... kill him.

"I don't care as long as we can catch him, sir. But It will be hard living with someone you don't know well." I said casually. Adrian looked at me strangely, "It's not only that you need..." Chief cut Adrian's words off. "

Boys, I understand your thoughts, but it's a mission don't act like we are forcing you to become a real couple." he sighed, annoyed. 

" And both of you know that it's not just some random mission. We are fighting, with the largest drug dealers and human traffickers. So, both of you, please be professional. Your flight will be in three days. Till then, you can rest well. We will give you new names and personal information as well. With that information, you will be a married couple. We can't risk them doing a background check on you. You will be living next to his house." 

he gave us some files and continued. "You have to send reports in every three days. We will not be in contact with you every day. It might be hard for you boys. But remember, if anything goes out of hand, contact our main base as fast as possible."

With that, our meeting ended. Me and Adrian hadn't uttered a word after that. I headed to my home. If I can still call it a home, it's more like a place where I live. It's almost been nine years that I've been all alone on my own. I'm used to it now, and the fact that I have to live with Adrian scares me to death.

Going undercover requires a high level of professionalism and adaptability. We must be able to navigate complex situations, make quick decisions, and effectively communicate to gather the information needed for our investigations. We also need a deep understanding of the ethical, legal, and social dilemmas that may arise during our operations.

Additionally, undercover professionals must be able to handle the pressure and stress that comes with living a double life and maintaining their cover for extended periods.

Being in such proximity with him daily can lead to heightened emotions and conflict.

Three days had already passed, and I was at the airport waiting for Adrian. I was buying some sweets when someone tapped on my shoulder.

As I took a breath, the fragrance of the ocean came rushing to me, and I couldn't help but think of the scent of the person standing behind me. By his distinct aroma, I could sense his presence even without looking back.

"Hi," I said calmly. "wow, I didn't know you had eyes on your back." he laughed playfully. Observing his sunny personality brought a lightness to my spirit. "I knew because of your smell..." My face filled with heat as my thoughts tumbled out unintentionally. Swiftly, I turned and instantly felt intense embarrassment and a blush grew on my cheeks upon seeing his teasing expression.

"No, I am... that... I mean that I have a... very sensitive nose you know?" I looked away from his intense eyes and rotated in the opposite direction. "do you want macarons?" I asked while attempting to dispel my embarrassment, showing him a box of colorful macarons. He took one macaron and started walking towards reception without any more words.

Arriving at the reception, we wasted no time, making our way to Santa Catalina island via flight.

This island's beauty was enhanced by the absence of human presence. Soon after we climbed into a taxi, we found ourselves at a charming home that was to become our new residence.

"Okay, now from here, it starts." He said and unlocked the front door. As I stepped into the house, I was immediately struck by how purely neat it was. Every surface was spotless, and there wasn't a speck of dust in sight. However, despite the pristine condition of the house, it felt strangely empty. The lack of furniture was immediately noticeable, especially in the living room where there was only a coffee table and two poufs. It was clear that the owners of this house had opted for a minimalist approach to their home decor.