Final [M]

As I opened my eyes, all I could see was blinding white light surrounding me

As I opened my eyes, all I could see was blinding white light surrounding me. It was so intense that I had to squint just to make out the figure of a person standing in front of me.

Even then, their features were blurred and indistinguishable. I tried to blink away the brightness, but it seemed to only intensify with each attempt. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, my eyes adjusted to the light and I cautiously took a step forward towards the glowing figure.

But as I moved closer, I began to feel a strange sensation in my body. It was as if I was losing all feeling and becoming weightless, no longer human but some ethereal being.

However, before I could reach the figure in front of me, something stopped me. A faint voice calling from behind pulled at my consciousness. I turned to see a dark figure approaching, but I was too consumed by the light to pay it much attention.

And then, the glowing figure in front of me turned around and my heart leaped in recognition. It was my brother, Elliot, his face beaming with his usual warm smile.

Despite my inability to speak or move properly, I smiled back at him with all the love and longing in my heart. Before I could reach out for him, however, I felt a jolt run through my body as he placed both hands on my chest.

"Lucian, wake up," a voice called from behind me. At that moment, all I wanted was to turn around and see who was speaking to me. But suddenly, all control over my body was taken away as my brother's hands pushed against my chest.

A searing heat spread through my body at his touch, and with every push, it intensified. "Wake up," he repeated, his voice increasingly urgent as he pushed harder.

And just like that, everything went black as a sharp pain shot through my chest and I opened my eyes.

Third Person's POV

The armed agents struggled to pry Adrian away from Lucian's limp body, desperate to save him. As they rushed towards the waiting ambulance, Adrian's eyes were fixated on Lucian's pale face, willing any sign of life to appear.

He prayed fervently to a god he had never believed in before, begging for Lucian's survival. The grip of his hand on Lucian's small, delicate fingers was almost painful as he realized for the first time how fragile he truly was.

In the back of the ambulance, doctors frantically worked to stabilize Lucian's failing body. Tubes and machines surrounded him, pumping oxygen and various medications into his system. Adrian watched helplessly as the heart monitor beeped irregularly, each dip signaling another moment of fear and desperation.

As they arrived at the hospital and rushed Lucian into the halls, Adrian's heart felt like it was being squeezed into a vice. His breathing became labored as he tried to keep up with Lucian's desperate fight for survival. And then, at the worst possible moment, Lucian's heart stopped beating. Adrian's world crumbled as he watched the doctors scramble for a defibrillator.