In the woods

We get the information about the three kids from the Avalon school principal, about their family, and their current home.

Me and Adrian were waiting at the nearby corner of one of the kid's houses."I hope they did believe me," I said already tired from waiting almost an hour. "Don't worry, I know that they did believe you," Adrian reassured me.

As I was about to say something we saw the kid from this morning leaving home. As he came out he put a cap on and covered his head with a hoodie, he was walking in the direction of the woods going out from the city, it was a small island so the whole city was surrounded by trees close by.

after walking what felt like an hour, in the dark woods it was even hard to see where we were walking. we could only see the flashlight of the kid in front of us about ten feet apart.As I stumbled over a tree root, my heart raced in fear of falling. But just as I was about to lose my balance, Adrian's firm hands shot out and grabbed my waist, steadying me.

His touch sent a warm shiver through my body, and I could feel the heat radiating from his palms. He let go of my waist, but our hands remained intertwined as he led the way with a confident grip. The strength in his grasp made me feel safe and protected to continue on this unknown path.

Together we walked, toward the boy, we stopped behind a tree as we saw that boy get into some dark building that was hard to see in the moonlight.we carefully got close to that building checking our surroundings without making any voice.

We saw three bodyguards at what looked like to be the entrance.As I was about to tap on Adrian's shoulder to let him know my plan, a sound near us made the bodyguards dart their attention toward us.In the blink of an eye, Adrian's strong arms pinned me against a tree, his body pressing tightly against mine as he covered my mouth with his big hands.

My heart raced with anxiousness and also from the closeness of his muscular frame.I could hear the sound of footsteps approaching - the bodyguards were coming towards us, just as I had suspected. "Did you hear that?" one of them asked. "Probably just a squirrel," the other replied dismissively. "Yes, but... I'll still check over here," the first man insisted, their steps getting closer to our hiding spot.

Adrian's body stiffened and pressed even closer against me, causing a muffled groan to escape my lips as he unintentionally pressed against my crotch. I shot him a glare and silently questioned if he had a death wish.

He looked down at me with a mischievous smirk, his dark eyes glinting with secrets and amusement. I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking in this moment - after all, we had just narrowly escaped death and here he was, teasing me without a care in the world.

Determined to get back at him, I waited for the bodyguards to disappear before pinching the side of his torso. But before my fingers could make contact, I quickly covered his face with my hand, grinning in triumph at my small victory.

"They're still standing by the front entrance," I whispered into his ear, pulling him closer so only he could hear. "We should check behind the building," he nodded in agreement.

The thrill of adventure pulsed through me as we snuck away from our would-be captors, my heart racing with adrenaline and thrill.As we searched for an entrance behind the building, a big window caught our attention.

"Let's go in through here," I suggested, opening it carefully. "Okay, just stay close and be cautious," he whispered, his hand supporting me as I climbed inside. Once I was safely in, I extended my hand to help him through the window as well.

In the darkness of the building, our only guide was the faint sounds coming from different directions. As we cautiously made our way forward, Adrian suddenly grabbed my arm and stopped me in my tracks.

Cage the mirageजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें