Chapter 6.

Aurora paced, fingers nearly burning from how hot her phone felt as Daniel screamed at her over the phone. Jack, Miko and Raf could hear him, along with Bumblebee's holoform.

The brown haired scout tilted his head like a puppy as he walked up to Aurora, silently asking if she was okay. She held a gentle finger up, telling him to wait a moment.

"Sì papa." She muttered.

After more aggressive screaming and downgrading words thrown her way, Aurora finally had enough and without another word she hangs up on Daniel.

Aurora tried to keep her cool, her face felt hot and her eyes stung from keeping herself from crying.

"Aurora?" Miko called.

Aurora hummed, her body shaking with emotion.

"What does 'puta sucia' mean?" The younger teen asked.

Optimus and Ratchet looked over, both frowning at the sight of an emotionally despaired Aurora.

"Filthy slut.." she mutters.

Raf's eyes bulge and Jack's face pales, whereas Miko for once was speechless. Bumblebee wrapped Aurora in a hug, and she buried her face in his shoulder.

"Aurora." June called out as she got out of her rental car.

Aurora didn't speak, but looked at June over Bumblebee's shoulder. "Daniel texted me." The older woman said.

Aurora nodded.

"Do you want to go grab the important things and just live with me and Jack?" June asked.

Aurora shrugged. "Dunno." She muttered.

"Well, I have no doubt Daniel is calling Korinthia right now, so let's wait until Korinthia calls Aurora and then make a decision." Jack says, walking towards Aurora.

Aurora's mind raced regardless.

"Hey, why don't you and I work up on some notes? Or you and mom brush up on your EMT stuff?" Jack asked, draping an arm around her shoulders.

"EMT?" Optimus asked.

Aurora turned to him, a shy smile creeping onto her features as she rubbed the back of her neck. Her ear tips burned with the beginnings of a blush.

"Emergency medical technician." She said.

"Bullshit adopted parents, amazing tutor, EMT student and graduating high school in two months. Yep, you're my best friend alright." Jack teased.

"Adopted?" Bulkhead asked.

"My uh. My dad was killed and my mom died when I was four." Aurora says, brown eyes downcast.

"I'm sorry-" Bulkhead stammered.

"Don't be. It doesn't affect me as much." Aurora says.

-

Aurora smiled as Jack scribbled notes into his notebook, his blue eyes narrow in concentration. Miko leans over the couch in-between Jack and Aurora which a smirk.

"What Miko?" Aurora asked peering up at the teen.

"Ratchet and Optimus are definitely an item." She whispers.

Jack looked up in bewilderment.

"The evidence is there, whenever they interact." Miko says, snickering.

"Go do something and stop worrying over whether Optimus and Ratchet are together or not. It's their business not ours." Aurora scolds.

"Hmph." Miko huffs and calls out for Bulkhead.