Chapter 17.

"What do you think he meant by using the guidance of the pendants?" Aurora asked, she was perched on Ratchet's shoulder plating as he studied the pendants.

"From the look of it, im not too sure." Ratchet said, subconsciously leaning his helm into the feeling of her palm against his audials.

"They look like the pendants the others in that one photo were wearing, could he be referencing for me to ask their spirits?" Aurora asked.

Ratchet pondered this for a moment.

"It's very well possible they may have died before Thermos, and their sparks, being pledged to him in undying loyalty, may be waiting to be awakened by the heir of their pack." Ratchet said.

"But how you'd activate them is beyond me."

Aurora furrows her brows.

"What if that energon in my system was meant to help me activate them? I mean, I didn't die when it was in my system it just shocked my nervous system because I'd never touched or ingested it before." Aurora contemplated out loud.

Ratchet hummed, before a risky idea came to mind.

"We could test it, but Optimus would need to approve it.." He pondered.

"I got this." She said, pulling her phone out and texting the Prime.

"When did you get his comm link?" Ratchet asked.

"When Daniel broke into June's house." She told him, typing out her message.

He doesn't respond and Aurora catches on.

"Ratchet?"

"Hm."

"I don't have my own comm link, can I have yours?"

Ratchet sputters before Aurora could feel the heat radiate from his face plates. Aurora smirked, knowing she'd flustered the poor medic.

"I- wha- uh- f-fine." He stammered before reading her his link number when she was ready.

"Made ya blush." Aurora teases, making Ratchet's blush intensify.

"Shut it." He grumbled as Optimus emerged from the hall, a very slight smirk pulling at his derma.

"You needed something, Aurora?" The Prime's deep baritone voice rumbled, both Aurora and Ratchet suppressing a shiver.

"I- uh- um- i- yeah-." Aurora stammered, guessing it was karma for making Ratchet flustered.

She nudged Ratchet to explain, and the medic quickly knocks himself out of his stupor and stutters for a moment before finally finding his bearings.

"Aurora- she thinks the pendants might- might hold the spirits of her sire's pack- but can't activate them without energon in her system." Ratchet explains, and Optimus hums.

"You... want to put energon back in her system?" Optimus questions.

"Only a little bit at first, given how my body and mind reacted when it formed naturally." Aurora answers for Ratchet, her hand gliding down from his audial to his gray neck cables.

Optimus nods solemnly.

"Have you spoken with Daniel yet?" Optimus asked, and Aurora shook her head.

"Not yet. Fowler is locating Korinthia so they can be questioned at the same time so we can find any lies and they can't communicate beforehand." She tells him and he nods in thought.

"Wait until she questions her foster parentals, and then you can try the energon infusion. Until then, I'll be going energon scouting." Optimus said, and Aurora perked up at that. It'd been a few days since she'd spent time with any of the bots outside the base.

"Can I go? It's only scouting." Aurora asked, and beamed when he nodded.