Chapter 18.

Optimus and Aurora had left Nevada state limits a while prior, Aurora's phone was plugged into the aux, and her playlist played at a soft volume as they sped down a highway. Optimus's holoform was activated, left hand on the steering wheel and right hand resting on the center console.

His black hair was fluffy and laid to the left, his curls tempting Aurora to run her fingers through them. His blue eyes were stern and almost didn't fit on his almost puppy like face full of freckles. He perfectly fit the role of a pretty boy.

A silver wedding band rested on his left ring finger, and Aurora smiled at the small detail.

"You and Ratchet are cute together." She commented randomly, and the Prime's stern dark blue gaze tore itself away from the road to meet her mismatched eyes.

A small smile teased his pale lips.

"You think so?" He asked, the smile turning into a small smirk.

Aurora could feel her cheeks alight with a small flame and she looked away to hide the blush.

"Yeah, you guys seem to have the type of relationship I could only hope for." She said, her left hand rubbing her right wrist.

"Ratchet mentioned you're poly? What does that mean?" He questioned.

"Polyamory is just a practice or desire for more than one partner or spouse." Aurora explained simply.

The Prime nodded.

"That is actually quite common on Cybertron. It's considered rare to only have one sparkmate." Optimus said.

"Really? So you and Ratchet are like a rare union." Aurora commented.

Optimus nodded, the smirk returning to a soft smile.

"Though, both of us long for our shared mate." He says, and after that they fall silent for a while.

-♡

The next day, Aurora sat in English when her phone buzzed on the desk. She lifted it and opened the lockscreen to see messages in the autobot group chat Miko had made that morning, and some messages from Ratchet, and a message from Fowler.

The groupchat made her snicker quietly as Miko was whining because she'd recieved another detention, the messages from Ratchet were kinda cute.

~

Docbot: The base is cold.

Aurora: Ratchet, you're a cybertronian. Cold doesn't effect you unless it's subzero and it's never subzero there.

Docbot: my shoulder is cold.

Aurora: omg. You're so clingy.

Docbot: sue me -_-

Aurora: PFT I'll be there after my EMT lecture, you'll survive.

Docbot: you're mean.

Aurora: You can pick me up if you want.

Docbot: fine.

Aurora: ok, Fowler texted me.

Docbot: he's actually calling me.

Aurora: hah. Goodluck.

~

Aurora smiled and a small blush found itself warming her face at the playful banter between her and Ratchet.

She opened Fowler's message, noting that he'd told her to sign out of school early and he'd already spoken to her EMT teacher.

Aurora slid her phone into the back pocket of her black ripped jeans and put her notebook and pencil back in her book bag.

"I didn't say to pack up yet, miss Jameson." The English teacher, Mr. Rodriguez said.

Mr. Rodriguez hadn't liked Aurora since she had refused to have a non-professional relationship with him, but he couldn't fail her if she got perfect scores on everything.

"I'm leaving school." Aurora spoke up, fear was beginning to crawl up her spine, he'd harassed her before and wasn't against doing it in a class full of students.

"Well, I'm sure it can wait until I'm done." He said, glaring at Aurora.

Aurora bites her lip, pulling her phone out and pulling up Fowler's contact.

~

Aurora: My teacher won't let me leave class.

Fowler: which teacher? Why?

Aurora: Mr. Rodriguez, he's been harassing me because I won't sleep with him for a grade.

Fowler: I'll be waiting outside, Prime is coming in. His human name is Orion.

Aurora: got it. Thx Fowler.

Fowler: Anytime Aurora.

~

A few moments later, the classroom door opens, revealing Optimus. He wore nice jeans with a black button up. His curly hair was slicked back nicely. Aurora found it decently hard not to drool over his appearance.

The principal was with him, and Optimus didn't look quite happy.

"Can I help you gentlemen?" Mr. Rodriguez asked, displeased that he'd been interrupted.

"I believe miss Jameson needs to leave school?" The principal asked.

Optimus crossed his arms. Both him and Mr. Rodriguez had a stare down until the teacher broke his gaze, the Prime's dominance outweighed his own.

Optimus made eye contact with Aurora and snapped his fingers, causing Aurora to get up and sling her bag over her shoulder and go to stand next to him.

"You'll be lucky if I don't come for your job, Mr. Rodriguez." Optimus said simply as he took Aurora's bag and looped his arm around her waist just above her rear.

The contact made Aurora blush brightly, and squeak lightly when he squeezed lightly and began to lead her to the school doors.