14

Waking up from your sleep, you could hear Armin in the background mumbling to himself, clearly panicking

Waking up from your sleep, you could hear Armin in the background mumbling to himself, clearly panicking. Sitting up from the couch, you rubbed your eyes whilst letting them get used to the brightness around you, a blanket falling from your figure as you did so. Blinking a few times you looked over to the blond as he was pacing around the apartment. "Armin what's wrong" you let out in a groggy voice, the blond came to a stop and looked over to you. The blond then grabbed a cardboard box behind him and brought it towards you, placing the box on your lap. Giving him a puzzled look, you looked at him with tired eyes and then looked at what was inside the box.

Your eyes couldn't make up what was in the box as it all still looked blurry to you. You squinted at blob until your view cleared up, noticing what was now in the box. "W-where did you find this?!" Your mouth remained opened from the shock, extending your hand into the box you then pulled out a small brown cat.

Armin was now sitting beside you, watching you pet the small cat. "She was left in front of the library, I wasn't sure what to do so after I closed, I went to buy a few necessities for her" he said as he reached to pet her as well.

-

    Walking in slowly to your desk, you could barely keep your eyes open, yawning every now and then. "Jeez, what happened to you? You look terrible" Jean piped up. Rolling your eyes at him you then glared at him making him instantly go quiet and sit in his own desk. If only he knew you weren't able to sleep due to a certain little fur ball. Armin and you both made a very serious decision on giving the small cat to someone more suitable, knowing it's still small, it'll probably scratch things and mess with his plants, plus there will be other times to get a pet. Even though you've made such decision, you weren't able to sleep as you were worried something might happen to the small kitty throughout the night.

     Seeing as you ended work early, you decided to head to the library, once parked you made your way inside to see Armin look quite tired as well. Chuckling as you made your way towards him, he smiled once he his blue hues landed on you. He never knew if you'd drop by but whenever you did it was always a lovely surprise to him.

     "Where did you leave the kitty?" You asked once you were in front of him. The blond grabbed you by the hand and guided you to his office. "I found the perfect home for the cat to go to" he excitedly told you. Raising an eyebrow at him, he then continued "Eren and Mikasa will be coming by later this week since there's something they want to give me." Looking at the brown fur ball, you knew that you would end up attached to the cat but it was the best option, "They also said they've been wanting a pet for a while so i'm glad everything worked out" you simply nodded at Armin, already feeling sad over the fact that the cat would leave.

    You stayed in the library for a little before deciding to head home with the brown fur ball. Once home, you placed the cat down letting her run around. A few days passed by since then, and the day when the small cat would leave, arrived. Sitting on the couch with the fur ball on your lap, you patiently waited for their arrival, you felt very nervous for many reasons, one of them being that you weren't sure if you had cleaned the apartment well, another being that this would be the first time you'd be meeting someone who has known Armin since they were small.

     You sighed in order to let some of the nervousness out, closing your eyes for a moment you heard a knock on the door. "I'll get that!" said the blond as he made his way towards the front door. You were too nervous now, deciding to not seem rude, you picked up the kitty from your lap and walked over to the door in order to greet them. The blond was now embracing a slightly taller man with dark brown hair, he then hugged a woman who was slightly shorter than him with darker hair. You stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do or say. "Oh right-" once Armin was no longer hugging either of them, he moved to the side so he could introduce you.

   " Eren, Mikasa, this is y/n, oh and that's the cat I was also telling you both about" you scooted closer to them to give them a handshake, it's been a while you met new people so you weren't sure if what you were doing was okay. You extended your other arm to hand them the small cat. Mikasa brought her hands out towards you and delicately held the kitty. A small smile appeared on her face, she then turned to look at Eren and showed the cat to him.

-

    "So y/n, how did you and Armin meet?" Eren asked as he made himself comfortable on the other side of the couch. You bit your lip slightly, feeling shy. "We met at the library, he bumped into me and we began talking about one of your books actually" you began. You had completely forgotten Eren was a writer since you were so nervous over the fact that he was a friend of Armin. "Oh really?" the two of you conversed a bit more until both Mikasa and Armin made their way to the living room.

     Mikasa nudged Eren reminding him why else they had came over. "Oh Armin, before we forget we actually came to drop this off for you" Mikasa looked through her purse and handed the blond a white envelope. Armin opened the envelope carefully, once opened, his eyes widened "What! You're finally getting married?!" The blond exclaimed and held your hand from excitement. He then let go of your hand and hugged them both congratulating them.

-

   You were now sitting outside on the porch, looking at the cars drive by and the people walk. Feeling the cold breeze on your face you felt someone sit beside you. Bringing your attention to them, Mikasa was now sitting beside you with a two cups of tea on her hand, handing you one of the cups, you felt the warmth of the cup warm up your fingers. "I know you two aren't together, but i'm still glad Armin has found someone like you" she said. As she took a sip from her tea, you simply just stared at the cup on your hands. "He's very sweet, and after what happened with Annie, I couldn't help but to be worried for him." Bringing your gaze back to her, she had a sweet smile on her face. "I'm glad i've met him as well, his personality is truly unique" You replied smiling back at her. "Oh! And congratulations to you both, I wish you the best."