1. Mornings with Nanami are peaceful ✧

I hear the water running in the bathroom. Nanami's already up.

I look at the clock on my bed side.

5:30 am.

He doesn't wake me up until it's necessary. Unlike him who gets up on time everyday, I take my time getting out of bed.

And he lets me be.

He says he doesn't mind.

It's 6:30 when I get out of bed.

By the time I enter the kitchen, breakfast is already cooking.

Hachi barks me a 'good morning', his wagging tail brushing against my calves while Kuro judges me from the kitchen window.

The sun rays fall on her fur making her seem more menacing today.

"Good morning..." A yawn is already out of my mouth by the time I complete my morning greeting.

Nanami turns around with our plates, a small smile on his lips.

"Good morning."

I take out Hachi's and Kuro's feed from the drawers and pour out their share in their respective bowls. Nanami has already seen to their water bowls.

Unlike Hachi who bounds over happily, Kuro takes her time striding over calmly.

Patting Hachi's head, I walk over to the sink to wash my hands.

Then it's a kiss on Nanami's temple before I sit down to eat.

Nanami has already started with his breakfast.

That's because I tell him he doesn't have to wait for me, though he always says he'd rather do so.

I do the dishes while he gets ready to go out.

It's just the four of us here in this home.

Kento and I, Hachi, and Kuro.

But we're very happy in our space.

We want nothing more.

_______________

A/N: I know Nanami's first name should be used in such a context, but it feels easier to write with his surname, so imma go ahead and do that in the following chapters too. (º∆º')