4. Days spent with Nanami are nice ✧

Despite it being a Sunday, Nanami got up at 5:30 again today.

That's just the kind of man he is.

He tells me he was working on his laptop after he got up but I know that's not the truth.

He had woken up early like usual but instead of getting out of bed, I had felt him turn to his side and steady himself on his elbow while he watched me sleep.

I had felt his fingers brushing my hair.

He's a big softie.

We prepare breakfast together today.

Eggs on toast.

I prepare the eggs while he puts the bread in the toaster.

Hachi and Kuro are already going ahead with their breakfast.

They finish by the time Nanami and I sit down to eat.

Hachi comes to our side and looks up at us, hoping for an extra breakfast; but Kuro leaves and stretches by the window, taking in the morning sun.

She curls up and shuts her eyes probably falling asleep again.

"Isn't too early to fall back asleep, Kuro?" I can't help but chuckle at the cat.

Like always, she completely disregards me and continues to keep her eyes shut, flicking her tail in the air for a bit before allowing it to curl around her.

I shake my head and swallow my toast before I speak again.

"I swear, that cat hates me."

Nanami only chuckles.

______________

"And that's checkmate, love." My tone is teasing as  I'm propped up on my elbow cushioned by pillows, watching Nanami's reaction.

A chess match is how we've decided to pass a lazy afternoon.

Nanami shuts his eyes and puts a hand over his forehead, but a smile plays on his mouth.

He opens his eyes and meets my gaze.

The chessboard in between us demands another match.

"Another match?" He asks.

I agree.

"But this time, don't go easy on me."

He laughs in defeat.

"I thought I was being subtle.."

"Sure you were..."

_____________

Tonight, we're reading by window.

Well, at least Nanami is.

He sits comfortably in his big chair while I sit sideways on his lap, my legs hanging from the arms of the chair.

Kuro wouldn't stop pestering me by running her jaw against the edges of my book, pushing her face into the spine of my book, swishing her tail against the pages and and occasionally biting the book too, until I gave up.

Nanami who had found this amusing beckoned to me to join him in his chair, as Kuro was less inclined to annoy him.

Now, Kuro is curled up on my lap as I gently scratch the back of her chin.

My eyes try to follow the lines that Nanami is going through but his steady rhythm and his heartbeat is lulling me to sleep.

I rest my eyes for a moment.

The next time I open them, I'm in bed and the lights are off. Nanami has an arm around me.

I close my eyes again.

______________