one

I used to have a fear of flying. Not anymore.

As I walked off the plane in Lisbon, I felt indestructible. Nothing could knock me down. Behind me I wheeled my black suitcase. I had a bag on my back and of course my handbag hanging from my elbow. I was dressed in a pair of sweatpants, converse and a raglan shirt. The flight from Dublin to Lisbon wasn't too long, but I didn't really care. Jeans were a no-go.

My earbuds swung against my chest, beating along as Face Down by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus blasted in my ears. As I walked out to the Arrivals Department at the airport, a man held a sign for me with 'Shan W.' Printed proudly on it. smiling at him, I popped an earphone from one of my ears as he took my suitcase from me.

"Hello, Ms Wilson." he greeted me, leading me towards his car. Perks of working with Hi or Hey, I guess.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked him, and we engaged in simple conversation. For someone living in Portugal, his English was almost better than my own.

When we pulled up to the hotel, he helped me to take out my bag and I have him a tip. Common curtesy. When I entered the hotel, it was buzzing with people. I walked up to the desk at reception and get the key to my, own, room.

The first ROWYSO show was in two days. The crew arrived today. The boys arrive tomorrow. Their opening act? Well, Hey Violet arrive tomorrow too.

And I just couldn't wait to face everyone again.