Matthew V

Zirgwѐ – The hopelessness felt after trying multiple life or career paths and still not knowing what to do in life.

0o0

Next to me was Sami, sound asleep in the bed. Everyday I've woken up before him. Sometimes, I waited in bed for him to stir. Most of the time, I'm out of bed before him but I've found myself just staring a lot now. I should stop. He's straight. Smiling, I gazed at Sami for a final minute before waking up and prodding down the stairs.

"Morning." Dylan drawled.

"Fucking- Christ." I cursed, looking up and quickly intaking a breath, "Don't do that."

"I haven't done anything." He began buttering his toast - it was not toasted enough.

"We got coffee?" I grumbled.

"And tea, and hot chocolate." Dylan was cheery this morning, something I was not. Opening the fridge, there were ten water bottles still with the branded label across the front. Two each, then. Grabbing one, I poured it into the kettle and clicked it on. It was cool how already set up this was.

"What about the milk?" Dylan questioned, munching on his toast.

"What about it?" I groaned, still waking up.

"You don't have milk?" He gasped, "Do you have a soul?" When I didn't respond he said, "What's got you wound up this morning?" Then, he raised an eyebrow. "Or is it a who?"

Thankfully, the kettle boiled and clicked so I faced away from him, relishing in the smell of coffee and sugar.

"You talk too much." I snapped as best as I could.

I could hear Dylan's smirk, "You like chatter-boxes, though." Dylan commented, "But I'm probably too tall to be your type." Grabbing the tin of tea bags - it had a matching coffee and sugar holder - I threw them at full force in his face, seeing the small grains in his hair. "Not fair mate."

"You've got a little something, everywhere." I said, taking a sip of my coffee (it was definitely too hot but I did not spit it out).

Jason walked in, taking one look at the mess on the floor and screwed his face in horror. How dare there be a mess. "Aren't you going to clean this?" He asked, stepping around it to open the fridge. Taking a bottle of water it was like he examined it before twisting the lid.

"Not in the mood." I shrugged. Really, I wasn't. Not today, anyway. "We're leaving anyway so it doesn't matter."

"We can't." Jason sighed.

"Why not?"

"Because of Camille."

What does he mean by that? Just because his girlfriend wants a cushy place to live doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer. "Why's that?"