Chapter Fifteen

The white skirt of her dress trailed behind her as Elowen stepped out of the wheelhouse. Nerves bubbled in her stomach contradicting the calmness she felt in her chest. Her life was about to change forever and Elowen didn't know if she was completely ready. She was happy to stay in King's Landing and that she was finally able to marry for love, but Elowen worried that Rhaenyra would attempt to distance herself from her again. Elowen didn't know what she would do if Rhaenyra ever hated her.

"Are you ready?" A voice to Elowen's left spoke, snapping the soon-to-be Queen from her thoughts.

Ser Uther had cleaned up nicely for his niece's wedding. Elmar had forced him to trim his beard and hair, saying the older man looked like a member of the savage clans they fought against. His chainmail and thick leather armor had been traded for a light gray doublet with silver embroidery and black cotton pants tucked into shining black boots.

He stepped closer to Elowen, taking care not to step on the hem of her skirts. He wrapped their House's cloak around her shoulders, smoothing the fabric out so not a single wrinkle could be seen.

"You are beautiful, little raven," Uther spoke, pressing a kiss to Elowen's cheek. "It gladdens me to see you so happy, I know this life will be a good one for you."

"Thank you, Uncle." Elowen took a deep breath, straightening her shoulders as she turned to the door. "Will you escort me?"

Uther's dark brown eyes twinkled at the request. "It would be my honor." He whispered, holding his arm out for her to take.

With a creak the doors opened, Elowen could hear the crowd within quiet down as she came into view. The Lords and Ladies all stood as she entered, eyes sharp as they judged their new Queen. Through the sea of people hazel eyes met ones of lavender. Matching smiles spread across their faces as they both saw their love for the first time in their new lives. Viserys met his betrothed at the bottom of the platform between the stone statues of the Mother and Father. Lifting her hand to his lips before escorting her to the High Septon.

Once the couple were in place, the elderly man began. "The love of the Seven is holy and eternal. The source of life and love. We stand here tonight in thanks and praise to join two souls as one.Father, Mother, Warrior, Smith, Maiden, Crone, Stranger. Hear now their vows."

"I am yours and you are mine from this day until the end of my days, from this day until my last day" Viserys stared into the hazel eyes of his friend and just knew all would be alright with her by his side.

"I am yours and you are mine from this day until the end of my days, from this day until my last day." Elowen repeated, her heart felt full to the brim with adoration for Viserys.

Continuing the ceremony the Septon turned to Viserys. "You may now cloak the bride to give her your protection in the eyes of the people and the gods: the Maiden, the Warrior, the Mother, the Crone, the Father, the Smith and the Stranger."