Chapter 9

Hyung Suk was here. He was outside of the door. He put his hand to knock but the door opened to his surprise. He looked up to look at Dagyeom who was staring back at him.

"Hey" his deep voice entered his ears.

Hyung Suk felt heat rush up to his face, "Hey...."

"Come in. It's almost time to see the fireworks go off."

Hyung Suk nodded at him and went inside as he held the bag in his hands. He turned around and held it out for the man who turned around.

"I bought you a gift. Merry Christmas."

He was looking at his feet as he felt awkward. The bag was grabbed so he lifted his head up a little. Why did he feel so nervous. His heart was racing like crazy it was making his head spin everywhere. He was reminded of Soo Jung's words but he pushed that thought away.

Get a hold of yourself!

Dagyeom took out the box from the bag and inspected it.

"A cat?"

"It's not any cat boss. It apparantly works as a buddy, it even has an app. It can work as a massage, heater, even has a voice. Kind of like a stress buddy you know...." he smiled.

Dagyeom stared at him and he wondered if he just made himself an idiot.

But then Dagyeom smiled, "Thats thoughtful of you" he patted his head "thanks."

Hyung Suk felt himself go blank as he just stared up at Dagyeom, relishing in the way he patted his head. They stayed like that, not even noticing that he was spilling his scent.

Dagyeom came closer towards him, "I like your smell. Lavender with a hint of honey."

Hyung Suk blushed and turned to Dagyeom making their faces mere inches apart. He held his breath and saw how they were getting closer. Was it him or Dagyeom moving forward? He didn't know, but at the same time didn't care.

And they kissed, it was just a peck since he moved away from the older man with a gasp. They both stared at each other until they heard the noise of fireworks outside. Hyung Suk opened his mouth as he watched from afar the golden and red colored lights spark.

He ran towards the balcony and his ears were violated by the loud noises, but he didn't mind it though. He looked up in amazement. They look so ethereal. He saw Dagyeom join him and he stared at him.

"Do you-" the words that suddenly came forward stopped and Dagyeom looked at him.

He felt his chest and throat tighten and started to feel sad. He looked at his feet but then his face was tilted upwards.

"Say it" Dagyeom was smiling at him.

Hyung Suk furrowed his brows and stared at him before saying it, "Do you like me boss?" he said suddenly in a rush.

Hyung Suk tried to blink away the tears from his eyes but some fell.

Dagyeom wiped them away, "Yes"

Hyung Suk held his breath but then yelped when a rather loud pop of a firework exploded which brought him to Dagyeom's arms. He looked below as there were hoards of people cheering and then up back to the fireworks. He couldn't help but smile as he felt a burst of happiness flutter inside him.

He laughed a little but then laughed louder as he let go of Dagyeom and held onto the balcony.

"I'm so happy boss!" he looked at Dagyeom who was smiling a little.

"I think we should...take a picture. To remember this moment forever" he took out his phone quickly and got onto one of those beach chairs.

He held Dagyeom closer and held up the phone.