✎7: flavours & flirting

A week has passed since the beginning of the school year

A week has passed since the beginning of the school year. Surprisingly, in just literally five days, I'm already swamped with more deadlines and homework assignments than I remember getting last year.

Like seriously, these people need to chill - it's not like we're in college yet or anything.

And, to add so much salt to the wound, I haven't found a single person to smooch yet. Not one!

Not that it was for the lack of trying, though. I mean, every day after school since Tuesday, Jimin would accompany me to either the mall, the local hangout spots or any other potential place where we could possibly find someone willing to kiss a stranger.

This is all part of what my friends and I have dubbed Operation Kiss-A-Ton. Granted, it's not very well thought out, but neither is this entire damn bet.

"Another potential, 6 o'clock," Jimin mutters, taking a lick of his blueberry flavoured ice cream. I follow his gaze, seeing that there are two girls entering the ice cream parlour we decided to occupy today.

The two girls seem to be friends, one with brown hair decked with a pink streak, the other rocking black and white mixture of locks. I've never seen them before, so the chances are very high that they aren't students at our school. But I'm not good with faves, so don't take my word for it.

Which makes them top-notch potentials, because in the event they reject me, the chances of people at school finding out about it is lowered. Or at least that's what Jimin said upon us adding a bunch of details into our plan.

At this rate, I think little Paisley could scribble a better plan together than whatever we have.

The two girls make their way to the counter, laughing among each other about something. From just this first glance, there's definitely no denying that they're attractive. But I find anyone who could pull off boob tubes the way they are attractive, so does that even count?

"Okay," I say, eating another scoop of my hazelnut and banana mixture. Jimin calls it an abomination of a mixture, but it's one of my favourite flavours to randomly mash up with one another. "Wish me luck."

"Luck," Jimin says, pulling a wincing face as I stand up and approach the girls. One thing that this week has definitely helped with is my bold audacity.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I've never been shy to strike up conversation with people. However, even the most extraverted person has to admit that going up to a stranger and asking for a kiss is really freaking weird.

Like on Tuesday, when I started chatting with this dude in the mall, agreeing about which shop is the best to get golf shirts from, and then the anticipation got the best of me. I literally blurted out that I needed him to kiss me and for my best friend to catch it on camera, like a damn amateur.

Safe to say, the guy disappeared faster than anyone could blink. Also, the mortification stung so bad that I sucked on Wednesday as well. But hey, desperate times call for desperate measures - so after giving myself the most elaborate pep talk to my mirror reflection, I mustered up the courage to at least flirt with the people before pouncing them with the idea of a kiss.