✎11: parties & punch

"Well, well, well," Leila and Fatou say, slow clapping as I approach our spot with Paisley on my hip and the towel in my other hand

"Well, well, well," Leila and Fatou say, slow clapping as I approach our spot with Paisley on my hip and the towel in my other hand. "Look at you."

"You did it!" Rosé cheers, throwing her hands in the hair to shake imaginary pom-poms. "You finally kissed somebody."

"And lucky for you," Jimin adds, waving his phone in front of his face, "we caught it all on camera."

I give a half bow, feeling bubbly all of a sudden. And this is after kissing an attractive guy on a beach. "Thank you, thank you," I say, making dramatic gestures. "I'd like to thank the Academy."

"If you're going to thank anyone, it should be us," Fatou says, playfully raising her eyebrow. "We were the masterminds behind this, you know."

"Oh please," I say, bouncing Paisley on my hip. "All the work was done by Lee here. That guy only came to us because of how cute she is."

Paisley rubs her face with her palm, both smiling and yawning at the same time. I adjust my grip on her waist, letting her rest her head on my shoulder. She is due for a nap any time soon, but I think she'll need her bottle before that.

"Wow," Jimin says, sounding impressed. "Looks like I have a couple of lessons to learn from a baby."

"As if you need lessons," Fatou says, smirking. "I saw how you chatted up those boys next to the volleyball pit."

"Okay, you got me," Jimin says, smiling.

"Lesson number one," Leila says, taking a sip of soda I have no idea she packed in the first place. "Goo-goo gah-gah."

"Hey," I say, narrowing my eyes. The smile on my face gives away that I'm not serious, though. "She's well past that stage of her speech development."

"Anyway," Rosé says, refocusing the conversation topic. "What was the name of Mr Kissy-Face over there?"

"Gosh, we come up with the lamest nicknames," Fatou mutters, stealing a sip of Leila's soda.

I turn around where I'm standing, looking over to the spot where Jungkook and I shared our kiss. Since my departure, he has decided to go in the water, conversing with people whom I'm presuming are his friends.

As if sensing that I'm looking, he also glances in my direction, and we lock eyes. He smiles when he notices, and lifts his hand to wave at me. I wave back instinctively, feeling my cheeks warming up a bit.

"He's name is Jungkook," I answer, smiling back at my friendgroup. "I have no idea where he came from, but apparently he's here today to blow off some steam or whatnot."

"Blow off steam?" Jimin says with a scoff, looking at My Kissy-Face as well. "Clearly he's failing, because everything about that interaction was steamy as fu-"

"Fudge," Rosé interjects, giving Jimin a warning look. "Baby in our presence again, remember?"

"Oh yeah, my bad," he says, grimacing at his mistake.