✎18: noticeboards & volunteers

[unedited]

"Yes!" I exclaim, jumping for joy the moment I see my name on the board

"Yes!" I exclaim, jumping for joy the moment I see my name on the board. "They said yes!"

Both Leila and Fatou look at the board with all the confirmed ideas too, probably double checking to see if I'm not blind or something. But I know what I saw - plus, I've had 20/20 vision all my life. Must be all those carrots I ate as a child trying to be like Bugs Bunny.

The notice was posted during the course of the school day, and now that the final bell has rung and all the kids who loitered the space before the board has gone, the three of us eagerly headed over here to check it out. Well, I eagerly headed over here while dragging two of my friends with me out of fear that my booth wouldn't be on the list and then the emotional support that would need to be follow.

"Well I'll be damned," Leila huffs in disbelief, glancing back at me. "They actually went with your crazy idea."

"I told you they would!" I say, too excited for my own good. I break down into a goofy celebratory dance, flailing my arms like a peacock on steroids. If peacocks had arms, of course. "I knew they would!"

"Do you think Jimin boosted your cause?" Fatou asks, thoughtful look in her eyes. "He is our friend, after all."

"So?" I ask, not bothered in the slightest about the possibility that my best friend might have sweet talked the rest of the SFC into accepting my proposal. In fact, as my best friend, it would be pretty swell if he did. "Team effort, am I right? Plus, it was originally his idea anyway, and at the end of the day, this is a win for Operation Kiss-A-Ton."

Not that my works wasn't impressive enough on its own, especially with the glass of water analogy at the end. It was intimidating, no doubt, but the whole thing being accepted regardless has refueled my excitement for whole event. Which, by the way, happens in exactly a week from now.

I glance back at the board, beaming as I reread my name and my project on the list. Granted, it's in the very last position, but it's still there, right? The only downfall about this is that now everyone who saw the list knows I'm in charge of Kissapalooza, which has not really gone down good for me in the past few weeks.

Not with the people I've been trying to kiss myself, really. Hopefully that isn't the case with this booth. My booth.

"Kinsley, do you even have the materials you need to build the booth?" Fatou asks, looking at the other people on the list. "I mean, do any of these people have the materials they need. The Funfair is in a literal week and a lot of these seem like they might take months to prepare."

"Yeah," Leila agrees, scanning the list again. "A tye-dye station might be easier to prepare than a whole room dedicated to stomping on bubble wrap."

"The Principal Edition of Whack-A-Mole is funny though," Fatou says, scanning the list again. "Although, it'd be even greater hit if they put Hildebrand in that position."