✎14: boast & brag

[unedited]

You know that feeling when you're on top of the world? Like, no matter what life throws at you, you're going to slay the roof off anyway?

Because that's how I feel right now, strutting down the busy hallway, fluorescent lights shining down on me and acting as my makeshift spotlights.

Some people standing near their lockers or just plain loitering the hallway look at me weird, while some other don't pay me attention at all - which is funny to me, because all the movies I've ever watched that involved high school teenagers show that when you strut like a main character, everyone's eyes are on you.

Well, just goes to show that the media can lie so beautifully sometimes. Not that I'm begging for attention, however - I already have party videos floating on the internet taking care of that.

But at least the dance battle videos weren't too bad. Just like I knew we would, Jimin and I were really awesome together, up until he left me along on the floor. I didn't really look at the parts with Hoseok and crew dancing, because I don't need to be reminded that Hoseok can actually dance. In my mind, he has two left feet and the rhythm of a giraffe.

It's stupid, but it makes me feel good. Which also means that when it was just me and him who were left to solo dance, I also switched it off. I didn't need to hear the louder cheers for Hoseok's dancing from my screen if I didn't want to.

Regardless, I walk, making my way to the locker that may be a million kilometres away from mine, but that I know by heart due to the numerous things I've stuffed in it as part of three or four master pranks.

I arrive at his locker, slamming it shut when I realize that he didn't notice my arrival. "Good morning, Jung Hoseok."

Hoseok jumps at the sudden slam of the metal door, looking at me with wide eyes and clutching his chest like a lady reaching worryingly for her pearls. "Kingsley, what the hell?" he exclaims, seemingly catching his breath.

I smirk, glad to see that he still startles as easily as he has when we were younger. Good to know.

"I said 'good morning'," I repeat, titling my head mockingly. "Usually in this type of interaction, you're supposed say 'good morning' back."

"I'm aware of how greetings work, Bennett," he says, giving me a deadpan expression. "I meant what are you doing here at my locker? And why are you slamming it shut?"

I'm such a great modd that I decide to give him quite the whimsical answer. "Who knows? Maybe I'm here to restart the Prank War."

To this, Hoseok frowns for a second before bursting out laughing. "Are you that desperate to lose smart something again?" he asks, leaning on his locker. He's wearing a red and white varsity sports jacket with a white shirt and jeans today, despite not playing a single varsity sport in high school.