✎20: fun & follow

[unedited]

The bell rings, signalling the end of the school day

The bell rings, signalling the end of the school day. Usually, the student body would rush out of the school building when this happens on a Friday afternoon, more than eager to start off their weekends doing nothing school related.

Except maybe homework or studying for a test, but that's besides the point.

But today, since it's finally the Friday almost everyone in school has been waiting for, they dash out of the school building with a total different purpose in mind. That purpose, of course, is the Bighit High Annual Funfair For Cancer.

In fact, there has been so much excitement and anticipation for today's events that no one has been able to focus in any class all day. At least, not what I have witnessed - much to every teacher's utter dismay.

They should cheer up though; this event is for a good cause, after all.

"Ahh, I feel like this year's Funfair is even more exhilarating than any other year before this!" Rosé has been exclaiming all day, either jumping for joy of shrieking so hard that out eardrums almost bursted. I don't exactly blame her; I'm excited about today too.

Or, I would be, if I wasn't so stressed about the damn Kissapalooza. And why am I stressed about the Kissapalooza?

Because of Jung Hoseok, that's why.

I actually commend Jimin for taking charge of my booth when I had to dash out of the assembly hall the other day due to stupid Maths; turns out that the volunteers did so much work on the booth that all we had to yesterday after school was booth the heavy damn booth onto its position on the large damn field behind the school grounds, there where the festivities are being held today.

Moreover, Rosé and Fatou took it into their own hands to spread the word about the booth, even hinting at a secret guest that everyone would want to kiss. That secret guest obviously being Kim Taehyung himself.

Only, now that the school day is done and the Funfair officially starts in about thirty minutes, the secret guess is no where to be found. And neither is Hoseok.

"Where the hell is he?" I ask for the millionth time, dartong to and fro in front of my booth. To my left, Soyeon and Heuning Kai are busy putting the finishing touches on the booth while the others check the roster for the last time.

To ensure that no one is stuck at the booth the whole time and actually get to enjoy the rest of the Funfair, we've managed to set up an effective roster that divided all 26 of us into slots. Since the Funfair will be continuing into the early hours of the night, it meant that each of us have a shift of about two or three hours before the next batch of people come to take over.

I was supposed to slot with Jimin, Fatou and Rosé, but due to the fact that one of the other volunteers texted me earlier saying that they couldn't make it due to a family emergency, I've been slotted with my enemy instead - you know, in order to cover for them and all that.