✎12: dance offs & best friends

You know, I've been friends with Park Jimin since the very first day of elementary school

Back then, I had these adorable pigtails that my mother insisted on tying my hair into every single day of my six year old life, despite my continuous request for multiple braids with colourful bobbles at the ends. But then again, she was 21 at the time, so I don't exactly blame her for sticking to the easier hairstyles.

I'm sort of dreading the day she outsources doing Paisley's hair to me. I don't even style my own hair sometimes; just imagine how my poor baby sister is going to look.

But anyway - Jimin and I happend to be in the same class, and during play time, he approached me (of course). He had this contagious gap toothed-smile that practically demanded friendship.

If I remember correctly, he was holding a shiny red toy car in his hand, probably his favorite at the time. Jimin, with his tiny stature and round cheeks, looked up at me and asked if I wanted to play cars with him.

My six-year-old self, with those pigtails bouncing as I nodded vigorously, couldn't resist the allure of a new friend and the promise of an exciting car adventure.

Little did I know that that one action alone cemented our friendship of the last the twelve years. And many a wacky experience did we have; what, with him being my trusted accomplice in the Prank War.

But what very few people know about us, is that for three years back in middle school, we both attended a dance class for the sheer fun of it. Well, I did it for sheer fun of it; Jimin meant business.

And what was nice about those classes was the fact that they offered a variety of dance genres every lesson. Which has always made me a little more confident about my dancing skills than I probably should be.

Don't get me wrong - I certainly don't have two left feet, but there's no way I can be called a professional either. Especially since I quit dancing when it got a little too difficult for me to deal with.

Jimin, however, stayed until junior year, but decided to quit just before Summer started last year.

Which is why I basically jam right into him after departing from Hoseok, desperately seeking for assistance. He's my trusted accomplice after all.

"Help!" I exclaim above the loud music, interrupting any and every conversation he was apart of. "Emergency."

"Did something happen?" he asks, concern laced across his features. Rosé, who is still with him, also spins around, eyes wide and mouth agape. "What kind of emergency is it Medical, emotional, fashion?"

"Social," I blurt out, seeing the concern on Rosé's face turn into confusion.

Jimin, however, knows my facial expressions too well at this point, narrowing his eyes before asking, "What happened now?"