✎16: rides & rollercoasters

[unedited]

"I think this is why people say that you shouldn't count your chickens before they hatch," Rosé comments, popping a sweet in her mouth despite the fact that we're in class

But then again, we're in Ms Hutch's Life Orientation class and she shares our sentiment that this subject is unnecessarily boring, so every time we have her for class, it's basically a free period to do whatever.

"Or maybe you just messed up your good vibes by running your ex over," Fatou shrugs, scribbling something in her notebook. Since Leila is peering over her shoulder to look at it every so often, I can only imagine that they're passing lover's notes between each other as they partake in this conversation. "I can see that ruining anyone's winning streak."

"I didn't run him over," I say for the millionth time. Ever since Jimin spilled the beans of what happened that day in the parking lot with Felix, my friends have been having a field day with it. And considering they still haven't stop making a few serenade references either, I don't think it's going to die down anytime soon.

Jimin and Rosé share a chuckle, while Leila playfully roles her eyes. I sigh, dramatically throwing myself on the surface of my desk. It makes a loud thump, but everyone else in class is too invested in their own conversations or distractions to notice.

It's been two weeks since the party at which Rosé threw up like nobody's business (another fact the friendgroup is having fun with, including me this time) and the damned dance battle took place.

The amount of people that have come up to me in the hallways asking me for selfies because they saw me in that video has been quite overwhelming - it was definitely four more people up in my personal space than I bargained for. I've really got to learn more introverted tendencies; by now, my mini plan to become a wallflower of sorts have completed melted like ice cream in the Summer sun.

But more importantly - it's been two weeks since the day I received two kisses in one day. The joy of my victory actually led me to beleive that I was on a winning streak that couldn't be halted. Life decided to give a harsh reality check in that department.

It's not for the lack of trying, however - I've flirted, I've tried to look like an innocent bystander. I even brought Paisley with me to the mall last week. But all of my efforts were in vain.

Depsite the popularity of my Kiss Bet against Jung Hoseok by some people our age, very few are as willing as Jungkook and Namjoon were to participate in it. Although, I don't have confirmation of whether or not Jungkook knew about it in the first place.

"Guys, it's literally been forever since these lips have seen any action," I complain again, my head still resting against the wooden desk. "We need to come up with a solution ASAP."

"As much as I love to delve into your dilemmas, besto friendo, I'm afraid that more pressing matters need to be planned first," Jimin says, leaning his head against his palm.