✎13: troubles & tables

"I had no idea the two of you could bust it down like that," Rosé exclaims the moment our little group of five rekindles

"I had no idea the two of you could bust it down like that," Rosé exclaims the moment our little group of five rekindles. "That was fire the way you lit up the dance floor!"

"Seems like our friends here decided to leave out the story of them being undercover dance professionals," Fatou adds on, giving her best impressed look.

"What can we say," Jimin says with a nonchalant shrug. "We were totally cool before you guys met us."

"What's not cool is the way you ditched me, you ditcher," I direct at Jimin, narrowing my eyes at him. "I almost looked like a clown out there."

"Oh, hush. You still managed to turn it the heck out," is his reply, casually sipping on whatever drink he's having. "Besides, by the look of the way you and your beloved enemy were in each other's faces, I'd say that I was more than useless in that showdown."

Jimin wiggles his eyebrows, earning giggles from the rest of my friends. I scoff, crossing my arms. "What you saw there, dear friend, was the firey throwdown of dominance," I justify, sticking my chin out and everything. "I made sure that Hoseok knew I wouldn't be losing tonight."

"Yeah, no," Leila says, still laughing. "Rosé told us that you challenged him to prove to Hoseok that your dance moves could attract people who'd kiss you."

"Yeah, so?" I shrug, not getting off my high horse.

"So," Fatou continues, her sparkling eyes trained on me, "unless you actually get someone to kiss you because they liked your dancing, then you're not winning anything tonight, sweetie."

"Not even that sweet dance battle?" I ask, pointing back to the floor in despair.

"Babe, did you not hear the announcer?" Jimin asks, lifting his eyebrows with a smirk in tow. "He asked the crowd to make noise for the one they liked most, and Hoseok's cheer was deafening."

"Really?" I ask, frowning a bit. "I'd say it was the other way around."

"And I'd say that last time I checked, you said no Operation Kiss-A-Ton tonight," Rosé giggles. "Yet here we are."

I pull a face, very much not impressed with the turn of events. This was supposed to be my victorious moment; my celebration for a kiss well received at the beach. "Well, that sucks," I pout, thieving Jimin's drink right out of his hand.

"Hey!" Jimin exclaims, but he'll just have to get another drink - I'm not giving this one back.

Note to self: stop challenging Jung Hoseok to silly bets, dares or otherwise at parties taking place over the weekend. Or any party, for that matter.

I glance back at where I left Hoseok, and unsuprisingly, he's back to socializing with his circle of people. Some people even go to high five him, others taking selfies where they smile so wide that I'm afraid their cheekbones might break.