Chuunin Exams Test 2

As the first test concluded, a sudden crash through the window seized everyone's attention. A banner unfurled at the front of the class, and a woman, dressed in revealing attire with a tan long jacket and short purple hair, stood boldly in front of it.

"Don't even think about celebrating yet! The next phase of the exam starts now!" she declared.

"You're early... again," Ibiki remarked from behind the banner.

"Hmm," the woman responded, casting a discerning glance at the genin. "You allowed 26 teams and 2 singles to pass? It looks like you're going soft."

"Hn. Or maybe we've just got a promising group this year," he replied with a smirk, his gaze lingering on Naruto.

"Well I'll make sure to cut that number in half." She grinned out, turning to look at the genin. "My name is Anko Mitarashi and I'll be your proctor for the second exam. Now, follow me!"

Anko guided the group of 80 genin to a training ground situated just north of the forty-third training area. As they reached a massive fence enclosing a vast forest, a colossal centipede crawled along a tree, eliciting startled shrieks from a few of the female genin.

Sporting a sadistic grin, Anko positioned herself in front of the assembled genin. "Welcome to the forty-fourth training grounds, famously known as the Forest of Death."

"What?! The Forest of Death... Why is it named that?" questioned one of the genin, fear palpable in their voice.

"Oh, also," Anko began, dismissing the genin. "We need you to fill out these waivers," she stated as another ninja distributed paperwork. "We don't want to be held responsible if someone dies within these grounds."

"Well, now we know people do indeed die in there," Ella chuckled, earning a disapproving look from Sakura. 

"Ella," Sakura chastised, "that's not funny."

"I mean, it is, as long as the one meeting their end isn't one of us," Ella responded with a sheepish grin.

Distracted by Naruto, Anko grew irritated enough to hurl a kunai at him. In a swift and almost elegant move, Ella stepped in front of Naruto, catching the kunai with cat-like reflexes. She examined the weapon with a calm demeanor.

"You know," she began, casually tossing the kunai up and catching it again, "it's one thing to throw things at me, or anyone else, but at Naruto." A dark chuckle escaped her lips as she looked up at Anko. "You do that again, and I'll kill you."

With a nonchalant flick, Ella tossed the kunai back to Anko, tilting her head slightly. "Are we understood, Anko-san~" she sang out the last part.

Anko smirked, deftly catching the kunai. "Hmm, I like you. You've got a dark side," she remarked before she strolled away, engaging in conversation with a few others.

A serpent-like voice hissed from behind Ella, prompting her to turn toward it. "Excuse me," the voice inquired.

"Um, yes?" Ella responded, facing a figure with long hair and snake-like eyes, adorned with a headband from the Grass Village.

"Tell me, what's your name?" the individual inquired.

Ella arched an eyebrow. "It's only customary for one to reveal their name before asking for another."

The man smirked and bowed softly. "Smart girl. My name is Outarou."

Nodding in acknowledgment, Ella replied, "I am Ella Sakamoto. I better get back to my team; we've got that paperwork to fill out," and then turned to rejoin her team.