The Unexpected Tragedy and the New Friend

"Ella you're doing a great job with your training!" Evelyn Sakamoto commended her six-year-old daughter, her voice filled with maternal pride.

"Thank you, Mother," Ella responded, her youthful enthusiasm propelling her into her mother's warm embrace.

Evelyn cradled her daughter tenderly, her eyes shining with hope. "I think you're going to be exactly like your father, if you keep working as hard at your training. And we will be sending you to the academy soon as well. We will visit you as often as we can."

Ella's brow furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean you'll visit? Where are you going to send me?" she inquired, seeking clarity in her mother's unexpected revelation.

"To the academy that your father and I graduated from of course!" Evelyn replied with a sense of nostalgia. "The Village Hidden in the Leaves."

The radiant smile that graced Ella's face showcased her aspiration to emulate her parents, the clan's revered protectors.

Their tender moment was abruptly shattered by blood-curdling screams, catching Evelyn off guard. She widened her eyes, fearing she wouldn't hear such sounds for a long time.

"You need to go hide like we have been practicing." Evelyn urgently instructed, gently setting Ella down.

"But mommy what about you and daddy?" Ella implored, concern etched across her young face.

"Just go we will be fine! Now go!" Evelyn's urgency left no room for debate.

Respecting her mother's resolve, Ella dashed into the house and concealed herself in the cupboards. The relentless screams seemed to stretch on for hours, leaving her ears ringing. When the horrific sound finally ceased, she emerged from her hiding place, her heart pounding. Outside, she discovered her clan's grim fate, their lives taken in a gruesome massacre.

Among the bloodied bodies, one was painfully familiar—her mother.

"Mommy!" Ella's anguished cry rang through the air as she rushed to her mother's side, dropping to her knees. She shook her mother desperately, tears streaming down her face.

"Mommy, please wake up! Don't leave me!" Her mother remained still, unresponsive. Ella buried her head in her mother's lifeless form, sobbing until her tears were spent.

A while later, masked men approached her, one placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Come with us, young one. We'll take you to safety," a kind voice reassured her.

Ella lifted her tear-streaked face to the masked man. "Where is this 'safe' place you're taking me?" Her words carried a trace of bitterness.

The man visibly flinched, surprised by her anger, but he understood the fragility of her emotions at this moment. With gentle care, he helped her to her feet.

"We're heading to the Village Hidden in the Leaves," he informed her.

Gazing down at her mother, Ella felt a profound sense of loss and emptiness. Her clan had been her only family.

"That's where my parents were going to send me," she murmured, nodding in agreement. The masked man lifted her into his arms, and as they fled from the devastated village, he introduced himself.

"I'm Danizo," he said kindly through his mask.

Ella looked up at him, her eyes filled with a mix of sorrow and acceptance. "My name is Ella.. Ella Sakamoto."

Well that's it for my first chapter of this exciting new book! Time for the next yeah?

#JustWriteIt