Ella's New Home

After hours of running, Danizo and his team finally came to a halt, recognizing that Ella required a good night's sleep. Gently, Danizo lowered Ella to the ground and stretched his limbs, savoring the satisfying crackle of his back. After loosening up, he motioned for his comrades to check the surrounding area.

"Why are we stopping?" yawned Ella, rubbing her eyes with a clenched fist.

"The darkness makes it difficult to proceed, and you need rest," replied Danizo with a soft chuckle.

Ella simply nodded and found a tree suitable for her needs, where she climbed up and settled into the crook of two branches, quickly drifting off into a deep slumber. As Danizo watched her drift off, a sad smile formed on his lips as he reminisced about losing his own parents at a young age. Lost in thought, he failed to notice one of his teammates approaching him.

"Dan..."

"...ani..."

"Danizo!"

Finally, Hameln's repeated attempts to gain his attention worked, snapping Danizo out of his daze. Hameln had checked the area and reported that it was clear for the moment.

"Thank you, Hameln. I'll take first watch while you and the others rest. We'll leave at first light," said Danizo, as Hameln scurried off to inform the rest of the team.

As the night wore on, Ella began to shake, tormented by the worst nightmare of her life. The horrific images of her clan's murder played out in her mind, and she even heard a man whispering to her, sounding eerily like a snake.

"How does this make you feel, Ella? Does it make you want to avenge your clan? Your mother and father?" cackled the snake-like voice, sending shivers down Ella's spine.

"Who are you?" asked Ella, her voice trembling.

"I am the man who will make you very powerful, my little wolf," replied the man, his voice slick with a sly smirk.

Confused and frightened, Ella asked why he called her a wolf and why she needed to gain power from him. The man chuckled softly and told her that she would soon see why.

Suddenly, Ella was awakened by a voice calling her name.

"Ella..."

"Ell..."

"Ella..!"

Her eyes flew open, and she saw Danizo standing before her. It was time to leave.

The group arrived at a massive gate bearing the Leaf Village's emblem, guarded by two men wearing the same symbol on their headbands.

"Welcome back, Danizo," one of the guards greeted.

Danizo nodded in response and led the team into the village. Ella was fascinated by the villagers' kindness and happiness. Danizo noticed her awe and turned to smile at her beneath his mask.

"Welcome to your new home, Ella."