The Academy

Today marks the beginning of our time at the academy, and I feel lucky to already know three classmates: Naruto, Sasuke, and Selene. Yet, I can't shake my nervousness as this is where my parents, respected ninja, trained. I can only hope that I won't disgrace their memory. Rising earlier than necessary, I made sure to wake up Naruto, and as I walked towards his apartment, I spotted Ayala approaching me. She stopped in front of me and smirked.

"Going to get Naruto, are you?" She inquired with a sly smirk.

I nodded, replying, "I have a feeling he isn't up yet."

Together, we proceeded towards his apartment and arrived to find the door locked and no sound coming from inside. I leaned down, took the key from beneath the mat, and unlocked the door, stepping inside, Selene and I both groaned at the sight of Naruto's unkempt apartment.

"Ugh... Naruto, we are fortunate to have come early," I muttered to myself, catching Selene's disgusted expression.

Making my way to Naruto's bedroom, I poked him repeatedly on his cheek until he finally stirred.

"Huh... Ella?" Naruto groaned, looking around. 

"Did you forget about school today?" With arms crossed, I added, "And what kind of animal tore up your house?!"

He sweat-dropped. "Umm... You see what had happened was..."

"Naruto," I interrupted, "just get up, get dressed, and help Ayala and I clean up your house."

As Naruto begrudgingly rose from his bed, being just in his boxers, I felt my eyes widen slightly and turned around as a blush crept to my cheeks. 

"Naruto! Wait till I leave.." 

"Heh.. Sorry Ella.."

I left his room quickly closing the door behind me and breathed a sigh of relief and made eye contact with Selene.

"You're blushing." She stated with a smirk.

"Shut up!" I yelled out and nudged her. "Let's start cleaning.. c'mon."

Selene and I began cleaning up the mess. About thirty minutes later, we finished, and we set off for the academy.

"So, we all have Iruka sensei, right?" Selene asked.

"Believe it!" Naruto exclaimed, grinning in excitement.

I chuckled shaking my head at him. "Let's go inside now."

We entered Iruka's classroom and took seats next to each other towards the middle of the room, with Sasuke sitting nearby. I smiled and waved at him as I took my seat. He waved, but didn't smile. Students began to file into the room, and Iruka greeted us when everyone was seated.

"Good morning, guys. I'm Iruka sensei, and welcome to your first year at the academy. You'll be learning how to defend yourselves, this village, and others that you will soon be assigned to protect."

Naruto beamed at me and then back at Iruka, eager to begin his ninja training. I listened carefully to Iruka's lessons and felt a newfound confidence in my abilities. Perhaps one day, I could surpass even the legendary Sanin. And Naruto? He always dreamed of becoming Hokage, and I hoped he would one day achieve that goal.

After hours of lessons, Iruka announced lunchtime, and I knew where Naruto wanted to go.

"I'm guessing we are going to Ichiraku's?" I asked him.

"You better believe it!" Naruto replied enthusiastically, and we headed out together to grab lunch.