Hearts will break...

" are you ready Ms.Harden?" The driver asked me. I'm at the ball with my grey long Ball gown. My heart is beating 100 miles per hour.

I get out the the car, cameras flash, and putting on my best face I walk down the red carpet. I feel lost with out.. wait Peyton don't go there. I take picture with my family and others, It feels like its been hours. I need to get some air on my own.

" mom I'm going to stay for a minute and get some air." she nods and I make my way to the fountain. My mind takes over and I'm thinking about how much my life has changed in a week. I lost a best friend, my boyfriend cheated on me, tried to take my life, and to top it all off, I'm madly in love with a man who left me so many years ago.

"Peyton?" I turn around and my breath gets caught by the sight in front of me. Colin in a tux looking amazing, any girl would drop to her knees. He walks closer to me and before I can talk he holds his hand up to stop me.

" Peyton, you asked me why I left. I thought you didn't want me, I wrote you everyday and when you never replayed back my heart broke more and more. My heart turn cold, I didn't care about anyone. So I used everyone and didn't think twice about it. Peyton I'm in love with you." I look at him surprised. " I can't promise that everything is going to okay, our life is a roller coster we have our up's and downs but, I'm in it for the ride." I let out my little sob. He looks at me with hope.

" I'm In love with you too." He closes the space between us and his lips meet mine. Oh his lips so soft and sweet. He kisses me hungry but, slowly like its our last.
I pull away and look at him. " but I can't love you anymore." I stare at him and watched his face fall.
"Why"
" because it hurts so much that I can't love you anymore." I let the words fall before I could take them away.
Shaking his head "I'm sorry" he whispered.
" I know you are. I know that. I've always known that you're sorry." I replied, something undefined tragic built in my heart.
" give me a second chance. I'll prove to you that we can make this last. I'll prove to you how much I need you."

I hold his face and he lets this eyes close. " I can't. I'm sorry. You are the reason for my devastation . And I can't let it happen again, I won't survive." I turn away and he starts to sob. I keep my tears in and walked a way from the love of my life.