New Dawn

Things took a different turn in Rache's life all of a sudden when one day she got a text, just a text from Mia saying that she has decided to move elsewhere for her new job. Her whole world came shattering down, her best friend has decided to move elsewhere and all she could do was just text her about it, let alone a week before her departure. She questioned their friendship, but it didn't take much of her time to realise that the reason Mia was doing this is because she needs to be away from everyone. She respected her decision, but she wasn't just someone in her life, she couldn't stop thinking about it for a few days. Somehow, she calmed down when Mia asked her to see her off at the airport.

'You have the audacity to leave me and go live somewhere else huh?' was all Rache could say amongst her overflowing tears when she came to send Mia off. Teary goodbyes and warm hugs filled Mia's last few hours before she went into boarding, and an hour later she was off, off to an unknown land, full of unknown people waiting for her to discover and indulge. But there will always be parts of her that she has left, one of them is Rache, obviously but the other, that's what's going to change her life in where she's going now.

Clamour, busy road, and busy streets, but not as busy as where she was from. People's eyes weren't stuck to their phones they looked livelier. None of them had a frown on their face, or maybe all the adrenaline rushing through Mia's veins made her think that. Crossing her arms against her chest she began walking, she had only brought a backpack with her. She had shipped her belongings the day before her departure so she can collect it once she was here, smart move to be honest. Dragging around her luggage in the new streets could be a menace. Sudden realisation that her hands were empty made her rummage through her pockets and take out her phone. Despite the people around her being lively and despite the fact that she was in a new area, all she could do was scroll through her Instagram. It was a habit she had developed when she first got her phone and created an account. When she was little, whenever they went on outings as a family, her entire family was on their phones except for her, nobody gave her attention or even functioned as a family she expected them to, the same behaviour continued during her teenage as well. It was more frustrating for her as she was then a teen and all her friends had a phone and a social media account except her. So, once she got herself a phone, she made that her whole life, her whole identity. She knew it was an unhealthy habit but she could not stop but put her whole attention on that single device. The digital world gave her pleasantness the real world right next to her couldn't give.

In that instance, something unsuspecting collided with her, sending herself twirling among the crowd. She finally looked up from her phone, and their eyes met, setting in motion a whirlwind of destiny. A tall handsome figure stood there, as if he was waiting for her to meet his eyes. He tilted his head a little and smiled, his golden-brown hair covering his right eye, his calming gaze and the mischievous smile made Mia stagnant at her spot and tempted her not to look away. 'If you hadn't been staring at your phone, you would have realised that I did it on purpose', he snickered and walked away leaving Mia at the same spot smiling to herself. It took her a few good minutes to realise what was happening and to get back to the world around her. Thoughts circled her mind now, her eyes looked for him again in the crowds, but she didn't remember anything about him than those mesmerizing eyes. What colour were they exactly? She didn't know, she almost thought she was hallucinating someone. But the bump was real, she felt him, she heard him, she saw him. But never remembered him. What did he mean by that, and what did he sound like, she couldn't remember anything. She tried again and again to remember those eyes she got lost in. But that was it, she got lost in them and lost hold of the reality.

Letting out a big sigh she started walking again, she had lots to do, and first up she had to go meet the landlord of her studio apartment.

'Wow', he said to himself. 'She looked so lost but still her conscience staggered me. Wai what was that supposed to mean? I barely know her but why does it feel like I know her?', he was saying things out loud at this point and he couldn't stop thinking about that girl he had just bumped into on purpose of course. With those brown eyes flushed chubby cheeks. Like a lost little kid at a carnival. He wondered whether it was really a spark or whether he was just making a fool out of himself. Even if it was a spark how the hell is he supposed to find her again. He was new to the city, and by the looks for her she looked new to the entire country. Or maybe she just looks lost all the time. He continued walking with thoughts about the lost girl in his mind, and pondered on the thought whether she was thinking about him too. Little did he know she was thinking about him too.