Double Mocha Macchiato

'Well, I'll tell you that later, now first things first', Rache's eyes were glimmering with unspeakable excitement, that Mia couldn't really understand or even match. "What's up with this girl?", she wondered within, but even at that dead of the night she dressed up to step out with her best friend in the whole world. Tomorrow was Saturday anyway, she could sleep in all she wants, that's what she would be doing anyway.

'So, tell me...tell me', met anyone interesting yet? Rache's question made those pair of eyes flash by instantly in Mia's memory, but she didn't want to talk about it, what's there to talk about anyway. 'Nah, don't go out much, and always keep to myself when I do', Mia replied blandly. 'Oh c'mon, I was so excited to hear some of you sneaky adventures and you have nothing for me? That's so unfair, but', she pointed her finger up, and gave a stern look and said, 'now that I'm here, my first duty is to make sure that you are not left alone'. "Oh, she's not here to stay then, she's just visiting", Mia thought to herself, and gave another dull smile as her actual reply to Rache.

'COFFEE SHOP!', Rache ran in shouting like a little kid, while Mia strutted behind her like an uncontrollable kid's mom. Rache was inside and was already going through the menu display to pick her order, she would at least take fifteen minutes to pick anyway. The door chimed again, when Mia opened the door, to inform the staff of another customer, followed by a chaotic one that just walked in. Stepping into the café, the wonderful air of coffee and baked goods made Mia feel as a piece of butter melting on top of a pastry sheet under perfect temperature. She looked around the café to see how many crazies were in there with them having coffee in the middle of the night.

That's when her eye caught the same outline of the figure she had once seen, face hidden behind the MacBook, with a fresh cup of coffee sitting right next to it paired with a piece of red velvet cake. Mia stood there frozen, she realised she was staring at the mystery person, she wasn't even one hundred percent sure that it was the same guy, but she refused to take her eyes off him as she was afraid, he might disappear into thin air if she does. Just when she wondered what colours his eyes were, he jerked his head up as he realised someone was staring at him, the blue eyes were now in a darker shade, suddenly she remembered those icy blue eyes she met the other day on the road. Though the shade was different, it was the same gaze that once held her paralysed. It was happening to her again, he held her gaze so sincerely, but yet his lips gave a smirk as if he enjoyed that sincerity. That smirk made her felt like he owned her, she wanted to look away but she couldn't. the gaze was far more irresistible.

But suddenly the stare was interrupted when he moved his eyes in the space next to her, she felt someone holding her arm and shaking it hard. 'Finally, you're back from your little fantasy land my girl. Do you know him?', Rache gestured at him, he put his focus back on the screen, but Mia could feel him smiling behind that. 'No, no', she repeated it once because she felt like she needs to assure herself of that. 'Anyway, I ordered yours too, a double mocha macchiato, coz you know you go nuts over that and two cheese croissants', 'well, I'm not really hungry', Mia hesitated. 'For me.... Please', Rache was almost jumping up and down until Mia agreed to eat.

They chose a corner booth, and Mia sat facing her new favourite mystery and got away with it. Rache was going on and on about her job and her fiancé. Every now and then Mia nodded her head to show she paid attention, but more than half of her attention was at him. The guy with the gorgeous pair of eyes hiding his handsome face behind the MacBook. He looked up and caught her eyes again and couldn't stop smiling, "what's going on in this guy's brain?" she wondered.

'Can I get a double mocha macchiato please?', Braydon looked around the café while the barista prepared his coffee, looking for the perfect spot to sit and start his research while enjoying his favourite coffee. There was a single table by the window, which gave the whole view of the café and beyond it. He took his sit and wondered when he will see her again, that lost girl. People passed by and minutes turned into hours when he realised, he had been in that café for almost four hours now. Just when he got up to leave, he saw an overhyped girl with running down the road towards the café followed by who looked like her annoyed friend. "That's her, damn that's finally her", he hurried to the counter and ordered him another coffee and a cake and got back to his seat and hid his face unable to control his excitement. He tried to focus what was in front of him in the screen and waited eagerly for her to walk in. When the door chimed, he tried his hardest to not look up, even when she stood there in the middle of the shop and looked around at anyone who was there, which was only three people except him, he didn't dare to look up. But after a few seconds, he could sense someone staring straight at him, and he knew who it was. This is the moment he had been waiting for, for a week now. He looked up to catch her stare right away, when his blue eyes met her brown tired eyes, he could feel the glare piercing through his soul. He could feel her look was trying to find his soul, get to his very existence. It was so intense but yet so gentle the hair on the back of his neck stood up.

But her hyperactive friend ruined it, he felt so mad at her when she simply shook her off his gaze. He felt like he could actually communicate to her without saying a single word. He knew that she would simply understand her intentions. It's all ruined now, well he should've seen it coming. Now he just has to wait until she lays her eyes on him again. But for his surprise, she never really took her eyes off him. He randomly turned to where she sat only to meet her eyes again, "what even is this?", his heart was racing now, this was something he had never felt before. It felt like torture to him. But for some reason he absolutely loved it. Laying his eyes on that lost girl felt like an absolute joy for him.

Innocence and some sort of a loss was written all over that face, which was facing him, the more he observed her the more he realised that she has mastered the art of fake smile too. Whenever her friend, or from what he understood her best friend told her something and laughed out loud, all she did was smile a little. It died down in a few seconds but the aura of her smile lingered around his mind. He was painting her presence in his mind now; her long chestnut coloured hair was flawless in his eyes. Her tired up-turned eyes blinked often wishing to get rid of her most awaited sleep.

Looking at her state he wondered why she was doing this, sitting in a café in the middle of the night with her friend and listening to her talk. Was there a reason for her to please her friend or was she entertaining her because she really cared. Whatever it was, it worked out well for him. She wasn't wearing any earrings, the thought made him fiddle with his, "would she like mine?". Then he realised he was thinking way ahead, and he went back to absorbing her presence. So many things were overwhelming him and he completely forgot the task in hand now, finishing off his research for the meeting tomorrow and get back to his home. The fact that she was still there, drinking the same drink as he was, which he has now learnt was her favourite too and the matter that even she can't take her eyes off him refused to do what he had to do.

He just sat there wondering whether it was a good idea to approach her, it was stupid of him in the first place when he had said that thing when he first saw her, like who does that? Even then, by the looks of her, she wasn't creeped out by it, but rather mystified, which was good in a way.