She Said Yes

'YES', Mia shouted, her voice echoed through the silent air, 'Yes, a million times yes, to forever with you.'

Confetti popped and everyone came running towards the newly engaged pair, all of them huddled in a group and jumped in joy. Rache joined in via video call to wish and upon her "instructions", Braydon gave Mia the red envelope. Tearing up, she opened the envelope to find small piece of paper with the date of her reception's date with one phrase written, "I knew all along". Staring back and forth at the piece of paper and Braydon, 'What does this supposed to mean?', she asked eyes beaming and gleaming. 'Oh, yeah I told her way back', Braydon grinned wide setting off the entire group blast off in laughter with the way he looked.......

The beautiful blue beach and the sun shined brightly on the day, the wedding cake was ready and covered. The cake had a starfish topper and shells all around it with white and blue icing coating it. For the tabletop décor Mia and Braydon had chosen glass starfish dishes and clear glass candle holders. Every table held a bouquet with white and blue flowers and shells strewn over. The arc had beautiful white lilies and roses woven together with blue ribbons. The stage, the seating everything looked perfect.

The had rented all the beach front rooms that covered the ceremony area of the villa, the bridesmaids and the groomsmen were running here and there to make sure the last-minute checking and arrangements were supervised. For the groomsmen, Braydon had chosen a two piece all white suite with blue belts and blue shoes to go with. As for the bridesmaid, Mia had picked out cornflower blue fabric and had custom made dresses with V neckline with lace embellishment and bead work for the bodice, the back was in low scoop and the dress flowed to the floor with a slit on the left.

'Zoe.... Zoe...... Oh my god there you are', Rache held Zoe's hands tight and sighed deeply. 'Did you check the crowd yet, I'm gonna run and take a look at Mia and how much time she needs to finish up.' Without stopping for Zoe's response, she started moving, 'Oh yeah, the place is almost full...', Zoe shouted behind her and ran to find Jake and ask whether Braydon was ready yet. On her way she bumped into Noah who was also looking for Jake. Passing the status message to Noah to pass onto Jake once he finds him, she started running the way Rache went to check on Mia herself.

Rache ran to Mia's dressing room and knocked impatiently; she was having cold feet more than she feared Mia might. But the tone that came from the other side of the door would calm even the most impatient person in the world. Rache opened the door and stood there, in absolute awe adoring her best friend who was twirling playfully in front of the mirror, Zoe followed a few seconds after just to stand next to Rache with the same exact reaction as hers.

Mia stopped twirling and looked back at them, tilting her head a little. Her wedding dress was of a soft shade of champagne featuring a strapless sweetheart neckline that elegantly framed Mia's shoulders and neck. The bodice was adorned with intricate lace appliqué, delicate beadwork, and subtle sequins that catch the light, creating a subtle and enchanting sparkle. The dress gracefully cinched at the waist, accentuating her figure, before flowing into a full, ethereal skirt made of layers of lace and silk. The skirt cascaded into a sweeping train. The back of the dress was equally stunning, with a low-cut design with a gold chain adorning her back. Her veil was made of sheer tulle flowing from a beautiful headband that was similar to a princess's tiara.

Her hair was done in a whimsical way with intricate braids woven in her hair that finished in a crown braid that made a perfect top for her headpiece. Her neck bore a beautifully arranged set of diamonds in a single row captivating a pendant with a butterfly, and her earrings were made of single gemstones that shone brightly from every angle.

Zoe and Rache stood their capturing Mia's look and her light make up and when she made a final twirl for them, they noticed the gold chain that flowed from the back of her dress ended with a small black piece of something. Rache rushed in to take a closer look at the piece, 'It was Braydon's first gift', Mia explained. The second half of his broken heart earring he had given her; now it is a part of her wedding dress.

Noah got the update that Braydon was ready, he updated the girls and waited for the party to come down. Braydon chose to wear a dark grey three-piece tux, the coat had black shawl lapel with single button. He had a satin waistcoat underneath which had U neck. Braydon looked himself in the mirror and sighed, his hair was tied in a tight bun with his bangs flowing to the left side of his face. He looked as sharp as ever, he himself couldn't believe his eyes. Correcting his lapel and collar for the final time, he turned to face his best man Jake and the rest of his friends and asked, 'Let's do this shall we?'

The troop was now ready to come down the aisle, Braydon's distant cousin, the only one he respected had flown in to give him away and as for Mia she had asked her grandfather to give her away. There were all sorts of drama leading up to the wedding day, but that doesn't matter now, what matter is that the day and the hour was finally here. Braydon walked with pride and whole heart through the isle, confident and happy he made the best decision of his life, once the groom, and the rest of the flock was there the music queued for the bride's arrival. The moment was everything she had imagined to be. The destination wedding, she had dreamt of, was picture perfect. The small crowd with only the people who genuinely cared about her and Braydon. Most important of it all, was Braydon himself. Standing there with tears filled eyes and coloured cheeks, smiling widely at her. With the happiest grin she walked towards him with eager, without wanting to waste another minute to officially become each other's problem.

Closer and closer the minutes grew for Braydon to call Mia his, once she was onto the stage, he took few good minutes to take her elegance in and get a hold of his overflowing emotions. 'Hi', he smiled, his voice shaking. 'Hey', Mia smiled softly. Now they turned to face the priest and the clamour of the crowd silenced once everyone took a seat. Crashing sounds of waves echoed like applause in the silence, and the sun softly hid himself behind the clouds and peaked out to watch the ceremony. Looking at the crowd and waiting for them to settle down, the priest looked up and started, 'Dearly Beloved'.

Right at that moment, Mia's mind got pulled back into the memories, seeing him for the first time and getting lost in his beautiful eyes, the silly encounters that followed. The drama, the breakdowns and finally she realised how far she had grown, how healed she had become. She slowly came out of her memories and looked up at the man standing next to her, the man who promised to keep her safe and happy and who is actually doing it.

Realising Mia was looking at him, he turned to face her, the veil was covering that happiness she was beaming but all he remembered was the lost look she had on her face when he first saw her, the face of a girl he wanted to protect and cherish from the entire world. Innocent and genuine, and he remembered how much she had grown, but she hadn't changed. He knew he would never regret this moment in his life, standing next to her, promising to be there for her forever.