The Unwritten Chapter

'Dearly Beloved, Mia and Braydon. We are gathered here today to witness the union of two souls. Their story began with friendship grew into love and now we are here to unite them in a sacred bond.' He looked at the crowd and turned his attention to Braydon.

'Braydon, your vows please.'

With a deep breath he began, 'Mia, the first day I stepped foot in the new city I saw you, and right away I knew that you and I were meant to be. I am honoured to be standing in front of you to be bonded with you forever, because....' Wiping away his tears he continued, 'because without you I don't know how I will continue to keep my sanity. I wish to speak for both of us when I say, we have both grown so much as individuals and as a pair. Now, this moment I promise you my love and devotion, and to be a partner you could always rely on forever.' He took Mia's hand and kissed it and turned to the pastor to indicate he was done.

Moved by Braydon's words, pastor turned to Mia and said, 'Mia, now its your turn.'

'Oh wow, well Braydon almost stole everything I had to say', she giggled and began, 'Braydon, I could not agree with you more on everything you have said so far, and that itself shows how in sync we are. I just want to say thank you and that I love you for being my best friend who always brought out the best in me. Even seeing the best in me when I was at my worst. I could not ask for anything more in my life now that I have you, because now I know with you as my partner, nothing is impossible.' Mia's vision was blurry and so was Braydon's. even the entire crowd was moved by how deep their connection was, the priest took a few minutes before he began again.

'Braydon, Mia, now you may exchange your rings symbolising your union.' Both Mia and Braydon turned to Rache and Jake for the rings and exchanged them, their wedding rings were simple platinum bands with their names engraved in each other's.

'By the power vested in me, I know pronounce you husband and wife.' Even the priest's voice sounded excited when he announced it, surrounded by their closest friends and well-wishers they now sealed their union with a kiss as a married couple. The crowd was overjoyed and cheered and whistled in happiness.

After desserts and champagne, the party started, the cake was cut and the music began, in the sandy blue beach they enjoyed their union dancing their hearts out. They even sang every now and then in excitement.

The flock moved into the resort hall for this party of course once the cake was cut, a few of Braydon's friends had taken their girlfriends to their rooms, the closest circle sat in a private room once the [arty started dying down and had a blast. They went around in a circle ridiculing either Mia or Braydon about their lifestyle choices before they met one another. Speeches were made, toasts were done, and the whole lot were pretty drunk by the afternoon.

'I knew all along, I felt the day I came down to see how you were doing in the new place', Rache shouted out joyously.

'Finally, you made the right call', Nick jumped off his seat.

'Never seen you happier than the times you were with him', Zoe beamed.

'You're gonna get laaaiiiiiiddddd', drunk Noah shouted.

'Sister, you have no idea what you've got yourself into', Jake snickered.

Finally, Braydon stood up, he raised his glass and said, 'to my wife, the best partner one could ever asked for.' 'Here here' the rest of the room united.

'Back off guys he's officially my business now', Mia raised her glass joyfully joining in. ...

-Two months later-

The little studio apartment in the corner street by the coffee shop was filled with boxes labelled with kitchen, books, sheets and etc. Mia emerged from the middle of the boxes with a paper on her hand where she struck off the things which were already boxed and sealed. Braydon on the other hand was busy on a phone call, talking to his new area manager he will be moving to and starting in a week. Every other second, he peaked in through the window to make sure his wife wasn't exhausting herself with the boxes. Once the call was over, he came back in and sounded strict, 'you know missy, I told you to wait until I finish up this call.' 'Oh yeah, try and stop me', Mia darted after playfully nibbling his ears and ran into the kitchen to make sure the cupboards were empty.

They had bought a new home of their own after a month but they had put off from moving until they settled their work arrangements and was finally ready to go. After returning from their honeymoon Brandon moved into Mia's little place and had started looking for a new bigger place to move in. The moving day was finally there, they only needed a couple of days to pack as they didn't have much to pack or room to buy new things in the first place. They decided to load everything off in Braydon's jeep for the move and had brought the new furniture in advance and the new place was all set up.
Mia ran around the small place making sure everything was packed and they hadn't missed anything when she suddenly remember about her table and her papers. Braydon followed her and stood behind her while she stared at the papers in her hand, the crumbled papers from the days she used journaling as her coping mechanism, it was all there. With a smile on her face she turned to look at her husband staring back with a puzzled look. 'Take a look, there's nothing scary' she handed the papers to him and walked away with a thought in her mind. A thought that may or may not go the right way but would spark up her passion.

'Wow, this... this is very detailed. As if you're telling a story.' The fascinated husband beamed at his wife who stood in the corner looking back at him going through her scribbles, her anthologies, and her little poems. 'I was wondering about a thought' Mia started walking towards him. But before she finished Braydon had an important question to ask. 'Where am I, where are the portions about me?' He looked at her like a confused puppy. 'Well, my love, that's the thing' Mia said taking the leather cover with the papers from his hand, 'you're the unwritten chapter of my life.' Confused even further, he didn't hesitate to ask her to explain more, 'well you see, after I met you, everything sort of fell into place, I didn't have to write it down to figure it out.' Mia shrugged.

'So I have been wondering, if you would be alright if I published it, you know online', she looked up with gleaming eyes. 'Hey its your story to tell, why ask me?' Braydon wondered. 'Well, we are partners remember' Mia reminded him. 'If that's what you want..... that's what I want too', with a smile he kissed her...

-A year later-

'Can't believe you're launching the next part Mia, I'm so proud', Rache hugged her best friend while Zoe stood next to her. Braydon in the back was making sure all the books were neatly organized and there were enough chairs in Zoe's bookstore's chill out area. In the entrance hung a poster with Mia's name and her book title, "An Unwritten Chapter"

-To all the girls who have ever thought "if only someone would love me right" and to every best friend that said "someday someone will". -

Thank you for everyone for being in this journey with me.