Maybe?!

'Alright... long story short, I had to go visit my mum who is in the hospital and got caught up with settling some things', he shrugged. 'Oh... didn't expect that, is your mum alright?' Mia asked. 'She's hanging in there, she's one tough cookie', but she noticed the change in his expression change from a soft smile to something deep and sad. 'Wait a minute', Mia started again to pull him out of the dullness, 'when you said, settle some things, you didn't mean... you know silencing someone right?' she bit her inner lower lip mockingly. 'I'd tell you about it another day', he smiled and booped her nose which instantly turned pink along with the rest of her face.

'You should really do something about... that', he pointed at her face. She didn't hesitate to hit him in the arms, she was getting comfortable with him. 'Maybe I can tell you about one thing, while I was handling things there, I got myself a new tattoo. A dagger piercing a rose.' "Oh my god he had tattoos", Mia's mind was going nuts from within, she held her composure and asked, 'what does that mean? And can I see it...?' 'It means a lot of things but for me it signifies loss of... no more like... endurance through betrayal.' Mia didn't expect such an explanation, but it sure shone some light on his dealing with things. One he was betrayed, but two he is strong. He endured it. She thought to herself and smiled. 'What're you smiling about?', he asked. 'Forget about it. But as I recall I asked you two questions...', she dragged.

'No kind lady, you cannot look at my tattoo now', he smirked. "Kind lady?! Well, that's new", the voice in her head sighed. They talked about their work and how they moved to their places at stretch, Mia had almost forgot that she was supposed to get down two stops ago. But she didn't mind, it felt like a much-needed conversation with Braydon. They talked about tattoos, movies, and their favourite TV shows. For their surprise, they both loved Teen wolf.

'I've been wanting to get the Jiko symbol by my collarbone, never really got the chance yet.' Mia sounded disappointed with herself. 'I know a place where you can get good tats, I got my ouroboros tatted to my shoulder there. Maybe I can take you there one day', he nudged. 'Holy moly, damn dude you got two tattoos? I like you already!', her eyes glistened in excitement. 'Don't lie, my tats don't impress you, my eyes do', he winked and pulled his phone out. 'It's high time we started talking properly, your number please?' He opened the contacts app and handed over the phone, but instead she closed that app opened his Instagram and eyed him. 'Fine, do whatever you want', he said like he didn't care but smiled on the inside. It was better than nothing to be honest. She searched up her name and sent herself a request, intrusive as it may seem she looked through his explore page, tattoo ideas, regular memes and a few news stared back at her. Smiling, she gave him his phone back. She didn't know what she expected to see when she took a look, but she was happy it didn't disappoint her. She accepted the follow request and followed him back; he could see there were only two other people in her followers list. A tiny unbothered circle, it made him think whether it was healthy or not but the fact that he was now part of that circle and there won't be any unnecessary drama put him at ease.

'Well, mademoiselle I think the time is high that you went home. More than that', he held up his finger, 'I'm gonna make sure you get home safe', he smiled. 'How're you gonna do that monsieur', she giggled. 'I am gonna walk you home, and we're getting down the next stop', and gave her his hand and hoisted her off the seat. They both got down and came out the subway, she realised that it was going to be a long walk back. But a little voice in her head suggested she doesn't talk about it or ask him to leave her walk back alone.

The first few minutes of their walk back was awfully silent, like they were completely different people from who they were. The opening of Fireproof broke the silence, it was Braydon's phone but he put it to silence and slipped back into his pocket and continued walking. 'Who was it?' Mia started, 'you know what? Never mind I don't care who it was, all I care is about your ringtone. Tell me more, do you like em, or do you just like that song?' if she had a tail, she'd be wagging so fast. 'I like em, it might be weird given that I'm a guy but I love their songs', he spoke as if he knew exactly what Mia wanted to hear.

Walking along the shop lit road, Mia started talking about things she loved passionately. Most of the things she liked were tied to some sort of a healing method, Braydon didn't judge; he knew exactly what she really meant when she mentioned, 'saved me' every time. He let her talk and watched in adoration, embracing her flaws. She talked in detail about her past, about her episodes like she never did before. Talking to Braydon made her realise that she hadn't thought of her problems in a while now. The last episode she had was at the café, the realisation made a huge difference within her.

Following Mia's reminiscence Braydon started sharing in detail about his story, about having someone and then the same person turning into a complete stranger just because they felt he was just not worth it. Mia's eyes teared up while listening to him, thoughts raced in her head to just give him a hug and tell him that it was all going to be alright. Instead, she held his arm for the first time, wrapping hers around his and looked up. A gentle warm smile that spoke her mind. They continued their walk towards Mia's apartment. She invited him in for a coffee, but he said he had to run coz he had some unfinished meeting points to get to. With a kiss goodbye he started walking.

Days and weeks passed, they were close and inseparable now. Yet, this new relationship of their didn't have a label yet. They called each other with the names they originally came up the first time, "lost girl" and "mystery guy". They were on constant contact, updating each other on what they were up to every time of the day. It was an uncommunicated vibe that they both wanted to plan and meet someday; instead of running into each other.

'So, you plannin' on taking me out on a date?', she shot out that text and buried her head in the pillow.

'Well ma'am I'll pick you up this Saturday morning and let you decide whether it's a date or not later. What do you say? 😉' His reply pinged back. Once he sent the text he sat right up on his bed and took out his MacBook and started planning. The locations, the reservations and all the planning necessary for the most expected day ever since he saw her.