Mystery Guy

When she stepped out of her bathroom, she figured Rache was gone already, she wondered whether she showered at all. Maybe she did, she had left a note that she'll only be back for dinner and not before that. Mia figured that today is a chance to have some adventure time. She got dressed in a full black sleeveless dress and wrapped herself with a velvety red shawl with her hair let loose. No earrings, no make-up, just a pretty dress and good perfume. She stepped out of her apartment and put on her headphones, her playlist kicked off with, "Therefore I am". Slowly moving her head to the vibe, she walked in the streets, no phone in her hands this time, it was safely tucked in a small pocket she had stitched inside her denim tote she made out of her mum's old jeans. Mia made her way to the bookstore nearby. Her fingers walked on every book in the crime thriller section looking for a title to catch her eye, Kingdom of Bones caught her eyes and she took it without hesitation, one of the books she had been looking for, for a while now. With a singsong tone she made small talk with the sweet old lady behind the counter, they were both nice to each other all the time. 'Have a good day my dear', she wished her off to what Mia replied, 'I know I'm gonna, you enjoy your day!', swinging the door wide open she stepped back into the road. Smiling at every person she passed by; she made her way to the café, her two and a half inch heeled Chelsea boots clicking on the pavements she swayed her figure with joy. She didn't know what came on to her, but she loved it.

The shop was crowded than usual, since it was morning; but she knew where to look what she came for. But for her disappointment it was empty, but she was in such good spirits she decided to make an order and take that seat herself instead. Getting her usual cup, she walked over to that table when one of the staff stopped her saying that the spot was taken by a gentleman who had to step out a few minutes ago. While Mia tried to reason with her, they were both stopped by an open male voice. Mia peaked out of the staff's figure to see who it was for a more dramatic effect, while the other turned to see who it was. 'Its fine she's with me', he said with a smile and winked at her, she continued to look at him surprised with her head tilted to the left while the staff left them alone.

'Well, I was expecting you to be honest, but not this early', he smiled, a gentle warm smile that put Mia at ease. 'If you didn't want to see me early, why are you here so early?', she smirked. She took a few good seconds to notice how tall he was, definitely more than six feet and the width of his shoulder made him look even bigger. He was wearing a black leather jacket that was a little worn off with a white t-shirt underneath paired with a washed blue denim. He cleared his throat to get Mia's attention back to his eyes and smiled again. 'I think its high time we introduced ourselves, I'm ... ', she heard a fork falling while he extended his big veiny hands to her, Mia looked down and looked back up again before he took his hands and shook it. A warm and a nice handshake, 'and you are....', he dragged, 'Oh sorry, Mia' she smiled wide. 'Mia, that's a beautiful name, just like you, maybe I can make you Mia one day', Mia looked puzzled once she heard the final remark, she made a face that made him snicker, 'didn't do much research about your name did you?' 'But why did you make me feel like you already knew my name and researched about it? And what the hell is 'make you Mia one day' supposed to mean?', you may think Mia was annoyed, but she was laughing like a little girl all along. 'You should blame your friend for that, it was her fault that I heard your name before you said it, oh and one more thing just let her know she's a tad too dramatic.' 'You think I haven't told her that? Its manufacturing defects.' Throughout this whole conversation they were still holding their hands, Mia felt a big warm hand wrapping her small hand wholly while he held a small icy cold hand in his. Once they finally let go of each other, he gestured her to join him and even pulled the chair for her. But something was off, it felt as if the sound of the chair was a little far from where she stood now, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath and opened her eyes back again only to find the staff still in front of her. But she could see him standing in the corner, looking at her and smiling. 'Excuse me', Mia sensed an annoyed tone in the staff's voice when she snapped back into reality, 'Yeah right, forget about it', she snapped at the girl and started walking away towards the door, he had slowly moved near the door as well. Mia didn't really believe what she saw anymore, so she decided to ignore him or her manifestation of him and continued towards the door. 'You know you should really do something about your zoning out thing', she heard a voice behind her. She turned to look at him again, technically she is looking at him only now, her eyes were filled with tears and all she could see was a blurry figure standing in front of her.

Something warm and gentle wiped her tears away and she could see clearly now, she tried hard to blink off the rest of her tears but failed. But it didn't matter to the person standing in front of her, once all the waterworks were over, she took a good look at him, now she understood it, she believed that it was really him those blue lively eyes spoke to her, she didn't feel that when she was imagining all of it just a while ago. She made notes in her head on how to know the difference of the real person and her manifestation of him now. They were still standing just outside the doors of the café, and her macchiato was going cold now, 'if you're not drinking it maybe I will....... Mia', he said after a long pause, 'given that we both like the same thing', he took the cup from her hand and took a sip and sighed. She was still too lost to realise that he already knew her name, her hands were positioned as she was still holding her cup, but her eyes, her eyes were locked onto his. 'You, you look like you could use a little walk', he leaned onto her and spoke to her, as he was worried, she might not hear him. She shook her head and started walking by his side, 'what's your name?' she asked suddenly. 'What?', he was caught off guard by hearing her, 'what's your name? mystery guy....'. 'I'm Braydon', he was grinning and was excited like a puppy. 'Sorry about my vibes, didn't think you would actually talk to me, lost girl', he offered back her cup of coffee. She took it back without hesitation and took a sip, she felt the warm coffee run through her veins, shot of caffeine and goodness of double chocolate was boosting her mood back now.

'Braydon.... Braydon', Mia was inspecting every aspect of his face. 'What does it mean?', 'what does what mean?', 'your name?!', she had now taken off the lid and was simply biting the cup. 'It's something to do with the concepts of being wise and dreamy, you know. Something I'm sure you're familiar with.' She didn't care that he said that out loud, it was pretty embarrassing of her to zone out like that. But the reason she didn't talk back either was she was busy taking him all in, those blue eyes, and long eye lashes; longer than hers to be exact. Thick eyebrows and a clean face, no marks, or no pimples, which made her feel a little worried about her face. She has been struggling with stress acne for a while now and couldn't get rid of them. His sharp jawline, and that pretty amber hair covering his neck, flowing little towards his shoulder blades. "Is that a piercing", she wondered trying to take a closer look, she moved closer. He took out his phone, unlocked it and handed over to her with a picture on the screen. 'What's this?', she asked, 'that's what you're tryna look at', he smiled. He had the attitude as he didn't care that a person, he barely knew was holding his phone, let alone with his gallery open. The picture in Mia's hand was one single black ear charm with two pieces of broken heart dangling in two separate chains. It was about an inch long judging by the hand holding it.

He was wearing a plain black shirt with rolled up sleeves showing off his veins tucked in a blue denim, a little semi-formal for a Saturday, Mia thought. Just when she was about to ask what's with his outfit, he gave a quick peck on her cheek and ran off saying he has something important to get to. Leaving her in the middle of the road flabbergasted. She even started worrying that he might be toying with her, popping up suddenly and disappearing.

"She talked to me, she actually talked to me", he kept on repeating it to himself, coz he couldn't believe what just happened. She let him drink her coffee, she took interest in knowing his name. is this how it supposed to be? Easy? He wondered. He hasn't exactly been in love, but he had been in somewhat inappropriate and shitty scenarios. For him this was new and challenging, yet again any man is a fool. Though he observed it, he failed to realise the fact that his lost girl might overthink his behaviour based off her past experience.

"I keep falling for bullshit again and again, just because something about his spoke to me doesn't mean I have to trust him and go gallivanting out on the streets with someone I barely know. What in hell came onto me that I behave this way? Am I that desperate to be loved? Or even get some minute attention?" She decided not to entertain it anymore, just when she turned to head back home, she saw someone waving at her, it was Rache.