Whispering Drizzles

The smell of rain filled the air, though many people didn't like it Mia always loved the smell of rain, she took a deep breath and hoisted her arms into the air and let the gentle breeze hug her. Braydon looked at her with admiration, beauty but that wasn't it, the way she genuinely expressed herself when she was with him made him feel safe. The beautiful Saturday they had became even perfect, but the rain started pouring down harder, yet without hesitation; Mia suggested he stayed at hers for the night. Holding her hand he smiled, the smile spoke a million words on how loved he felt, how heard he felt. Which was the same for Mia, after a long day outside with another person, she didn't feel exhausted at all.

By the time they reached her place the rain had gotten the best of them, but it had reduced a little. But Mia didn't want him driving in the skiddy roads. They were soaking wet from top to bottom, Mia ran to the doors on tiptoes while Braydon slowly followed her. Questions filled his brain, but the anticipation of spending the night at hers pushed away those clouds like loud thunderclaps. Every now and then he wondered what was going on in Mia's mind, but he was ready for anything as it came.

Opening the door in a hurry she dashed in yelling in a sing song voice, 'go into the kitchen it is the warmer place in the entire apartment. I'll grab you a towel.' She peaked out of the wall and added, 'sorry I don't have any t-shirts that would fit you' and darted back.

Braydon, left alone in the kitchen started exploring. The thought of fixing a cup of hot chocolate for both of them took over. Annoyed with his wet shirt he took it off and left it by the counter. Tying his hair into a messy bun without a tie, he got to work. Taking out the milk powder, cocoa, and he went to open the fridge. But suddenly remembered he had to boil water first. He took the small electric kettle and put the water to boil; Mia was back with a towel in her hand wondering about all the noise from the kitchen.  She saw him standing by the kitchen counter shirtless and busy with filling up their mugs with something. He walked over to him softly, without making any sound. Seeing the water dripping off his hair onto his nape and back she brought up the towel to dab it, instead she placed her cold hands on his nape sending chills all over his body. 'Is this the tattoo you told me about? The dagger', she paused a few seconds before she continued, 'piercing through the rose?'

'Mmhmm', was all Braydon said before grabbing Mia's hand placed on his neck and turned around. Their eyes locked, and the whole world stopped to listen to that aura rising from that silence. The intense of his stare was so powerful Mia took a few steps back until the wall stopped her. Holding her hand Braydon walked to her with a smile, he was standing a few centimetres away from her now. He lifted his hand and saw Mia startle, but he gently brought his hand near her face and tucked away her hair behind her ears and continued to gently caress her cheek. She slowly let go of the hand holding his hand and ran her fingers up his arms all the way into his hair. He moved closer to her, and touched her lips slowly wiped the droplets of water off of them and leaned towards her. Mia moved her hands off his hair down to the back of his neck and interlocked with the other and closed her eyes and let out a soft breath through her mouth. Pressing himself onto her; he kissed her forehead, her eyes, cheeks, and chin. Tracing up with his nose on her lips he gently took her lower lip and kissed. The rain poured harder as if the sky was giving its blessing.

The let each other's lips go when they heard the kettle switch, but they weren't in the mood to tend to it, they rather held each other forehead to forehead, nose to nose; Braydon gently rubbed his nose onto hers while she smiled. She held his face gently and placed a soft kiss on his forehead while he tightened his hold and kissed her neck. Blending their presence into the sound of the rain they held each other; feeling each other's warmth.

He pulled her away a little with tears in eyes and pulled her back in again. He held her so tight as if he wanted to hide her inside him and protect her. Hidden away from the entire world, her gentleness felt too fragile for this world. His arms felt the safest place for Mia now, she knew nothing bad would creep unto her, even her inner demons would feel too challenged to face him. She was ready to give him her everything, but in the corner of her heart a cloud of fright remained, the scars were long gone, but the pain remained, and she had no idea how to get rid of it. Maybe she had to borrow some courage from the man who's holding her so tight and face them. But his hold made her realise she doesn't have to do it alone anymore. With that thought, she closed her eyes and they both moved slowly as if they were dancing to a soft melody that only they both heard.

Braydon woke up to a constant tapping sound only to see Mia still asleep on top of him. She slept like a baby monkey hanging tight on her mama's back. He didn't move coz he didn't want to wake the little monkey asleep on top of him. But the noise from outside her window grew louder, 'it is that damn, annoying bird again', she woke up staggering; losing her balance she fell on him again, Braydon winced a little. He was watching the whole act with a smile, 'oh!' she stared 'forgot you were still here' getting back on her feet again she marched into the kitchen. Braydon went to investigate the "damn bird", 'DO NOT OPEN THE WINDOW', Mia yelled from the kitchen. After a few minutes she came out of the kitchen with her hands cupped and asked Braydon to open a window a teensy bit. Putting just her head and hand out Braydon watched her fill a small cup she had put outside. She had some seeds for the "damn bird".

Walking back, he told Mia that it was time he got back home but seeing Mia's expression fade he offered to take her to his place to meet his friends. 'Really?' her eyes lit up. 'Yeah, why not, but I should warn you, they are a menace', he grinned. That was nothing compared to her circle, 'have you forgotten the chaos I brought to the café the second time you saw me?', she winked. Without stopping to hear a response from him she skipped towards the bathroom. After half an hour they were both on their way to Braydon's apartment; according to him, his friends were supposed to be there already. Apparently one of his friends is going through a tough break up and they were all going to do something to cheer him up. Mia didn't want to ask any more questions, they were guys; obviously they were up to something either weird or dangerous.

They could both hear his friends from the corridor itself, when he opened the door, he was welcomed with hoots and a throw pillow smacked straight to his face. 'Woah, woah, woah' someone in the middle of the chaos shouted, 'Don's got a girl with him', the group went mute. 'Care to address the elephant in the room?' a blondie stepped forward and shook Mia's hand. 'This is......', Braydon dragged. 'Mia, nice to meet you', she shook everyone's hand in the room and looked at Braydon. 'This is... she is... my girl.' Another short guy with blue dyed hair dragged Mia in and offered her some juice. But her eyes were fixed to Braydon, an unexplainable feeling wrapped around her as she finally felt belonged and safe.

They spent the rest of the day talking, playing games and teasing one another, and for the first time in a long time Mia felt comfortable around a group of people. The lot even cooked and ate together, once when Mia passed Braydon' she whispered to him, 'Don, huh' and smirked. One by one the friends left when it was almost dinner time, Braydon offered to drop Mia back home, but she insisted that he got some good rest and left before it was too dark. Giving a kiss goodbye, he asked her to drop a text once she was home.