Fading Echoes Of Love

It was their fourth anniversary, and Farjad was behind the wheel, steering Umeed to their cherished dinner spot. Laughter spilled from their lips, a symphony of joy, until fate intervened. A truck, its driver under the sway of alcohol, collided with their car in a catastrophic accident.

In the hospital, the anxious family awaited news outside the operating room. Niggo, trembling with worry, implored the doctor, "Doctor sahib, how are my children? Woah theek hain na?"

The doctor, bearing the weight of grave news, sighed and responded, "The accident was severe. We've performed surgery, but……..."

Pasha Sahib, eyes brimming with concern, sought assurance, "Doctor sahib, koi pareshani ki baat to nahi hai na?"

"The injuries are grave, waqt bohot kam hay,I’m sorry" , his words a solemn prelude to an impending sorrow.

Regaining consciousness, Farjad and Umeed lay side by side, a shared realisation dawning upon them—they were running out of time. Desiring a moment alone, they bid farewell to their tearful family.

Farjad clasped Umeed's hand tenderly, murmuring, "humain aik dosray ka intezar nahi karna parega. We'll depart together."

Umeed managed a weak smile, inching closer to Farjad despite the agony. Softly she whispered, "Aakhri lamhon tak saath."

Left in solitude, their hands entwined, they sought solace in each other's embrace. Farjad enveloped her, and in unison, they took their final breaths.

Suddenly, Umeed awoke with a scream, realising it was a nightmare. Farjad, instantly by her side, comforted her, "It was just a bad dream, my love. Don't worry."

Tears streaming down her cheeks, Umeed shared her nightmare with Farjad. He embraced her gently, murmuring softly, "kitna acha hoga na hum saath is duniya ko chorain gayl? No waiting." and smiled brightly.

Umeed, speechless, offered a faint smile. Farjad, caressing her gently, kissed her forehead and cheeks, easing her into a serene slumber in his protective embrace.

Umeed hugged him again this time even tight Farjad broke the hug and pecked on her lips he pulled her along making her lye on top of him he with one hand made patterns on her back to soothe her while the other hand running fingers in her hair soon they both drifted to sleep.