Shadows of Promise

Dont know actually from how long this is in my drafts felt like sharing. 

Enjoy and Happy reading!

Umeed stood by the window, her hands gently cradling her swelling belly, watching the sun dip beneath the horizon. The room was bathed in a soft golden light, her eyes were red and swelled she remembered the times she had spent with Farjaad it had been a month since that tragic incident the whole scene of Farjaad lying lifelessly on the hospital bed in front of her and when his dead body being taken away Umeed in their room collapsed to the floor Haya and Mimi tough being in a big shock was trying to control Umeed, She clutched her belly, feeling the weight of her loss seeping into her soul. The last image of Farjaad, his love, and his last words were etched into her heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farjaad lay in the hospital bed, his body weakened by the accident's toll. Umeed stood beside him, her hand intertwined with his, their bond the only solace amidst the clinical, antiseptic air.

"Umeed," Farjaad murmured, his voice a fragile whisper, struggling against the confines of his pain.

Umeed leaned in, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. "Main yahin hoon Farjaad."

His hand trembled as it reached for her cheek, a frail but deliberate gesture. "You're the strongest person I know," he managed, his breaths shallow.

"Farjad asay mat kahain," Umeed pleaded, her voice cracking with emotion. "You'll make it through this. We'll get through this together."

Farjaad's gaze shifted to her belly, his hand gently resting where their child grew, a tender, fleeting connection. "Mere bachay ka khyal rakhna," he implored, his voice laden with love and urgency.

Tears cascaded down Umeed's cheeks as she clutched his hand tighter. "I can't do this without you, Farjaad. Please, humain chor kar na jayain."

His touch lingered on her forehead, a final caress filled with love and farewell. "You'll be an incredible mother," he murmured, his strength waning.

"Nahi, Farjaad,mera saath rahen," Umeed pleaded, her heart shattering with every passing moment.

Farjaad's eyes, filled with love and sorrow, met hers for one last time. "Main tumhara intezar karoon ga. I'll always love you both."

Farjaad with that closed his eyes Umeed started screaming badly "nahi,nahi farjaad mujhay chor kar mat jayain."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback over...

Umeed, still looking out the window, smiled and patted her belly and said "main wada karti hoon Farjaad main humaray bachay ka bohot khial rakhoon gi." with that she closed her eyes and tears started flowing the down her cheeks.

Hope you liked it and cried a little!