Chapter 2

Assuming it was her luggage being brought up, Y/N hurried to the door. However, as she pulled the door open, she was greeted with the smiling faces of Phil and Rick.

Phil spoke first as he stepped forward slightly, "Wanna join us for dinner?"

"I'm not sure, I was just going to order room service." Y/N told them. Despite her gentle refusal, Rick and Phil wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Come on, we all want you to join us." Rick encouraged. Noting the sceptical look on her face he soon added, "Joe's not coming."

Y/N sighed and looked at the two men's faces. Knowing that Joe wasn't going to be there both settled her and upset her. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable around his band mates, so him not attending relieved her slightly. Though, she couldn't shake the disappointment that he wouldn't be eating with them.

In spite of his apparent disdain for her, Y/N still wanted to get to know him. Something about him intrigued her and predominantly, she wanted to know why he didn't like her. She remembered Rick's words, but a part of her knew that it wasn't just because she was new that he didn't want to talk to her.

Realising she had been quiet for a long time, she quickly slipped on her heels, which she had previously discarded by the door, and followed the two men down to the hotel dining hall. They all made small talk as they walked and soon enough she was greeted with Viv and Sav smiling at her.

Phil pulled her chair out and allowed her to sit down before moving to his own chair next to her. Greetings were shared again although it had only been an hour or so since she had last seen them. They all ate their meals and conversed. Y/N found herself fitting in with the crowd and realising that they were just normal men who happened to be famous.

Saying goodnight to them all once again, Y/N went up to her room. As she stepped out of the lift and onto her floor she almost ran into someone.

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry." She apologised as she looked up at who she walked into. She was not prepared for it to be Joe scowling down at her. Clearing her throat, she wanted to apologise again, Joe being the last person she wanted to annoy, but was stopped by him talking first.

"You really should watch where you're going, Miss Y/L/N."

Y/N quickly nodded at him. "I am so sorry."

Joe just looked at her and carried on past her, not giving her another word. Y/N released a breath that she didn't know she was holding in and went to her room. She knew there was a time difference but she decided to call her best friend. Picking up the hotel phone she dialled the number she knew off by heart.

"Hello?" Y/N heard Bonnie's voice on the other end.

"Bonnie, it's Y/N." She smiled hearing her friend's voice for the first time in a few days.

"Y/N! Hi, how's LA?"

"Well I haven't seen much of it yet but my hotel room is great." Y/N joked. Bonnie let out a playful scoff.

"Okay then. How's the band? Are they as hot in real life as they are on the posters?"

Y/N let out a laugh. Of course her best friend would come out with something like this.

"Well, I don't want to objectify them but yes they are."

Bonnie giggled for a second before turning to a slightly more serious tone. "How are they all treating you?"

"Sav, Vivian, Rick and Phil are all really lovely and have made me feel really welcome."

"And what about Joe?"

Y/N sighed. She should have known Bonnie would ask about Joe. She was a big fan and he was her favourite member.

"Well... I haven't really spoken to him much, but every interaction so far has been less than positive."

"What do you mean?" Bonnie asked her, sensing the slight sadness in her best friend's voice. Y/N went on and explained the entire day to Bonnie.

"I mean I know he just went through a nasty divorce not long ago but that doesn't explain as to why he doesn't like you."

Y/N released another sigh. "I didn't know about the divorce but you're right. It's hardly my fault. I'm just a tour assistant. Rick did say something about how it is because I'm new but it feels like more than that."

"Try not to overthink it, Y/N/N."

Y/N nodded, despite knowing that Bonnie couldn't see her.

"How are you holding up otherwise?"

Y/N automatically knew what Bonnie was referring to. Last month Y/N walked in on her boyfriend Scott cheating on her and since then had been struggling with wondering as to why he had done so.

"You know it wasn't your fault he cheated on you don't you?" Bonnie asked when Y/N had been quiet for some time.

"I know but I can't help but wonder if I could have done anything differently."

"Y/N, you are perfect, he was a tosser. He had you and he lost you and that is too bad for him. Go and live your wonderful life while he sleeps around and you will end up happier than he could ever dream of being."

Y/n smiled at her friend's use of the insult and yet again nodded before she verbally agreed. The two talked for a while longer before Y/N decided to get some rest. She also knew it was early morning in England and didn't want to keep Bonnie up any longer. Although they did both have insomnia and it wasn't the first time they had been up all night together.

Y/N decided it would be best to avoid any interaction between her and Joe and just do her job. There was a huge lump in Y/N's chest when she thought about avoiding Joe but she pushed it aside. She knew that the only thing she could do was go to sleep.

*

The morning came and after Y/N got ready for the day she went downstairs to meet the band for breakfast. She noticed that the group travelling together occupied two tables and there was one seat left available. Next to Joe.

Making her way to the table, everyone but Joe greeted her and she returned their pleasantries. Even swallowing her nerves and greeting Joe. It wasn't until he heard his name that he lifted his head and nodded once before looking away again.

Once they had eaten Y/N had taken the opportunity to take out a notepad and get the band to make a list of food items they wanted her to buy for the bus. She made sure that there were vegetarian options as well. The only person who didn't make an input was Joe. Making a note of it all, Y/N put away her notepad and the group got up moving towards the lifts so that the band could get ready for soundcheck and she could get ready to go shopping.

On the way out of her room she saw that Joe was getting in the lift again, on his own. Y/N debated waiting for the next one but once Joe turned around he spotted her. He held the door open and waited for her to get in. She hurried herself and entered the lift hoping that she wouldn't be alone and another band member, or any hotel guest, would join them

However, the doors closed leaving just the two of them in the lift.