5. Hello

"Hi Aemond!" Tully declared. He glanced back at her as she fell into step with him. She knew she had to be more forward with him. Men's attention span was so small and she had to forcibly put herself in hid field of vision. She had to fall into his life and hopefully his heart.

"Um, hey," Aemond answered.

"What are you up to?" Tully questioned.

"Training." Being the prince meant everyone knew who he was. He was used to the girls and the other knights attention. He wasnt expected to remember every maiden that fancied him.

"Right yes, you are always training." Tully agreed nodding along. Aemond glanced to her seeing she was still following him. He held back a groan.

"Can I help you with something?" aemond questioned as he turned to face her.

"Wow, your eyes are pretty up close." Tully hadnt meant to say it out loud. "I mean eye. Not eyes because you only have one eye." She added awkwardly then she looked embarrassed to her feet twisting in the dirt.

"What do you want?" Aemond questioned it wasnt sharp just curious and maybe a little bit annoyed. But Tully heard it as a true want a need to know what she wanted until she met his narrowed gaze.

"Just to say hi.... Hi." Tully ran off after that.

"Who was that?" Criston questioned.

"Some girl being weird." Aemond answered before pulling his sword out. Tully was on cloud nine. She had a real conversation with Aemond. He talked back, it wasnt one sided. It was everything she could have dreamed of. They were definitely getting married and having like a dozen children. Yep. Tully could see it now.

When they looked back on this day and told their grandchildren how it all started. It started with hello.

"You seem happy." Mallory remarked.

"I am happy." Tully agreed, head held high.

"Ohhh?" Mallory cooed

"I talked to aemond and get this- HE TALKED BACK!" Tully squealed out. Mallory chuckled. Tully was awkwardly adorable when it came to her insane crush on aemond.

"Aww im happy for you Tully." Mallory remarked linking arms. "So wedding bells in the future? Should we start picking out your wedding dress?" Tully giggled leaning into Mallory.

"Yes."

"Whats wrong Aemond?" Helaena questioned   Aemond glance up from Helaenas twins to his sister.

"They are growing like crazy." Aemond countered. Jaehaerys and Jaehaera were almost two and little  Maegor was only a few moons old.

"Yes. They are. Mother was right you know."

"About what?" Aemond pondered.

"That I would never love Aegon but I love my children." Helaena answered.  Aemond couldnt hide his laughter.

"She told you that?" Helaena nodded sitting beside him. Jaehaera climbed into her mothers lap smiling up at Helaena.

"I think it is probably because she doesnt love father." Helaena said distantly. Aemond shrugged.

"What is there to love about a man that was never there for us." Aemond agreed.

"I was speaking to mother about you as well." Helaena offered.

"Oh?"

"She wants you to entertain the idea of suitors." Helaena agreed. Aemond grumbled. "I didnt get a choice. You get a choice. Wait too long and a union will be forced upon you." Helaena warned. "You are a handsome man Aemond. Women fawn after you. Why not make one of their days and get to know them?"

"Because there is more to learn more to train more to-"

"There will always be another book. Always be a better swordsman, Aemond." Helaena corrected as she ran her hands over Jaehaeras little legs. "But love... let me live vicariously through you." Helaena requested. "Im in a loveless life. Let me enjoy your happiness."

"I love you Helaena." Aemond corrected.

"And I love you." She agreed. "But we are not wed. You should branch out. Dip your toes into the water of all the eligible women that already adore you from afar."

"I will consider it." Aemond offered. "If you will excuse me I have lessons."

"Of course you do." Helaena agreed as Aemond got up, patting little Jaehaerys head before heading out.