7. Bejeweled

"Aemond is having a gala a grand banquet to find his bride to be!" Mallory declared. Tully shot up in bed only half hearing as she rubbed at her eyes her thick black hair a tangled frizzy mess.

"What?" Tully mumbled.

"Aemond is finding a bride!" Mallory shouted and the girls squealed out. Larys came in as fast as he could and waved his cane around.

"Mallory!" Larys shouted breathlessly. "I thought you were an intruder!" He hissed his leg throbbing as he put down his cane.

"Just me." Mallory corrected sitting on the end of the bed.

"How did you get in?" Larys questioned

"I have a key." Mallory answered as if it was obvious.

"Since when?" Larys countered.

"Since... forever probably." Mallory answered nonchalantly. "Back to Aemond. We need to get you looking hot!"

"Whats going on?" Larys questioned.

"Go back to bed." Mallory instructed moving to larys and ushering him away. "I have this handled."

"Yes and that worries me." Larys agreed but the smile on his baby sisters face said everything was going to be alright.

"How do I look?"

"For the millionth time, you look hot. Stop messing with your hair." Mallory swatted a hand a her.

"Im so nervous." Tully countered. "My stomach is in knots."

"Liquid courage." Mallory decided moving to pour tully a drink. She took a small sip but she felt faint.

"Mallory I dont know why i thought this was a good idea. Im not ready. Im not you!"

"Be me." Mallory countered

"What?"

"Be me!" Mallory agreed. "Control the room. Get his attention and woe him. Just pretend you are me. Tullulah Lannister I crown thee!" Tully giggled looking around.

"Tullulah Targaryen sounds better." Tully said boldly.

"Thats my girl. Now go get him!" Mallory gave her a push and tully stumbled on hells she never wore and bumped into Aegon.

"Sorry!" Tully declared taking a step back. Aegon looked her up and down.

"Thats alright." Aegon purred.

"Nope." Mallory corrected pulling tully away. "Keep your distance from creepy creeper."

"What? Hes aemonds brother." Tully corrected.

"And a creepy creeper. Were you not listening?" Mallory countered. "Go to Aemond. Avoid Aegon." Tully headed to Aemond was veered off to get another drink and talk herself up. All the ladies of court near and far came to woe the most eligible prince. Tully looked at their gowns made by the finest weavers their hair up in bejeweled updos. They doted shamelessly on Aemond pulling him closer. She didnt stand a chance. Tully sighed leaning back against the drink table. What was she thinking?

"Here to woe my brother?" A small voice questioned. Tully spun around. "I dont blame you. Aemond is a catch compared to Aegon. Compared to most." Helaena assured. Tully nodded but her face turned down. "You look very nice. Im Helaena. You must be lady Elinda Baratheon with hair like yours."

"Tullulah Strong," she corrected.

"Oh. Im sorry I didnt recognize you." Helaena declared. "You look... different."

"That was the goal." Tully agreed. "But somehow no matter what I do, how I dress or style my hair i cant find the courage to talk to Aemond." Tully admitted.

"Oh hes just like you and me." Helaena assured.

"Hes just like you maybe. You are a princess and perfect. Im just awkward Tully." She corrected.

"I like your green dress. Its almost as if my mother dressed you too." Helaena offered with a small chuckle.

"My friend- my best friend- mallory got it for me. Thought I would stand out." Tully offered.

"You do."

"I dont." Tully corrected. "Im in the corner of the room while everyone else is actually talking to your brother." She turned back to the table and took a small sip of wine. "I have loved your brother forever but I still dont think some days he knows I exist. It's probably better off that way."

"Why do you say that?" Helaena pondered.

"Because when he rejects me, my fantasy of the life I want with him will be over. Crushed. Smothered to nothing. If I don't confront him... i can still pretend for a while longer." Tully whispered.

"What if I introduce you?" Helaena pondered.

"You would do that?" Tully questioned her eyes lit up.

"Of course. Rather someone sweet like you then those bimbos after my brothers heart."

"Oh thank you!" Tully hugged her tight. "You have no idea what that means to me!"

"I think I have a clue." Helaena countered hooking her arm with Tully. Mallory gave her a thumbs up from across the room. "Aemond. This is my dear friend Tallulah Strong." Tully did her very best curtsy. She felt faint being this close to him. She felt hot and pale and her heart was surely racing like hummingbirds wings in her chest right now. "And she would love a dance." Tully held her breath as Aemonds gaze shifted from helaena to Tully.

Tully couldnt speak. Couldnt breathe. She just waited. Helaena was saying something but tullys ears were ringing so loudly. She remembered to breathe again when Aemond held out his hand to her. She tried to contain the squeal of excitement that flooded her as she took his hand.

She was touching Aemond. She was dancing with Aemond. She was stepping on his toes because she was so nervous.

"Sorry." She squeaked

"You are friends with my sister?" Aemond questioned.

"Yes. I mean I know her. I just met her really but shes really sweet." Tully rambled on. Aemond gave a tight nod. The song ended and tully was still buzzing her body tingling where aemond had held her.

"Thank you for the dance." Tully said as he excused himself. She was in a happy haze the rest of the moon. That night she fell asleep with a smile on her face.