21. My Crown

Larys was loyal. To Tully.

He sent out a raven and although Daemon thought it was a trap Luke said that they could trust larys, he was Tully's brother. He wouldnt lead them into a trap. Rhaenyra hesitated staring down at the map.

"They crowned Aemond. Are you sure we can trust them?" Jace questioned.

"If what people are saying is true then we are family. Us and the strongs." Luke reminded his brother softly. "They wouldnt lead us into a trap."

"But I kind of thought that Aemond and Tully-"

"There is no Aemond and Tully because she is going to marry me." Luke demanded stomping a foot down. Jace rose his hands in surrender.

"You tell Baela that? Or Rhaena. Which one was yours again?"

"I'm fine." Tully assured.

"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it." Larys countered.

"I'm already feeling it." Tully assured. "It's the worst feeling ever."

"Heartbreak." Larys agreed.

"Okay Aemond is a dickwad and we need revenge." Mallory demanded marching forward. "I cant believe him-"

"Hi." Helaena whispered. They silenced glancing back at Helaena. "Dont hate me too," helaena begged. "Please. Im still your friend. Aemond was way out of bounds."

"He would be lucky to get someone as awesome and amazing as tully." Mallory declared wrapping an arm around Tully.

"He was an idiot. Power of the crown got to him I suppose." Helaena rocked from heels to toes as she debated what to say. Tully couldnt look at her. "I dont believe anything aemond said. Yes you followed after him but you had a crush. Who cares? You are still my friend. You werent just hanging out with me to get to him. Right?"

"I do like you helaena." Tully agreed. "But I hate your brothers."

"I hate them too at the moment but aegon is dead so we dont have to worry about him." Helaena offered lightheartedly.

"Aemond is going to marry you." Larys spoke up. Tully knewnit shouldnt hurt but it did.

"The idea would have excited me before but not anymore. I saw how in love you were with aemond and I could never love him like that. I want a love like that." Helaena admitted.

"No you dont." Tully grumbled. "I was a fool."

"Thats the best thing a girl can be in this world. A beautiful little fool."

+

"They are coming? Are you sure this is a good idea? I thought you liked alicent?"

"That was before two of her offspring made my little sister cry." Larys corrected. "I will head to the castle at night fall. Set the signal but for now..." larys looked to Tully he reached out grabbing her hand. "We just have to wait." Larys remarked. "All will be right."

"I'm not really good at patience, what are we waiting for again?" Mallory questioned.

"Patience is bitter but the fruit is sweet."

Tully had to do something with her hands so she made bread. She kneaded the dough and boiled a stew marinated the veggies and meats- she would be a great wife one day. She would keep her man fed and happy. She stuck the rolls in the stone oven adding more logs and watching the flames flicker to life. She glanced back at larys. He had a bag with him he filled it with carefully measured tinctures. Tully knew better than to ask. She trusted larys.

"Im off. Save me some supper. I will surely be hungry when I return." Larys kissed tullys temple and headed off as if it was just another day. Tully and mallory ran to the window and watched him limp off.

"Its going to be alright." Mallory assured. "Even though I dont have a damn clue what he is doing- Criston?"

"He came to see you. Romance is not dead." Tully half whined. "Go to him." Mallory ran out the door and clung to criston. Tully couldnt hear what they were saying but she loved the smile on Mallorys face as Criston kissed her.

Larys helped Rhaenyra and Daemon get in. Helped them infiltrate the capital. Through the hidden passages and some drugged knights, all they had to do was sit back and Daemon and his men got in, took Otto down and captured Alicent and Helaena easily.

Helaena and her children were not harmed, Rhaenyra made sure of that. Helaena was innocent in this. Just as much a victim as Rhaenyra would have been. Aemond put up more of a fight.

Daemon found Aemond in the throne room. Larys was right. It was easily infiltrated.

"I have come for my crown boy." Daemon demanded.

"How did you get in?" Aemond pulled his sword free it shimmered in the candle light.

"I have my ways." Daemon remarked a cocky grin on his face. "Give up now as your mother and sister did or die. Your choice." Daemon picked at his nail with his sword seemingly bored. Aemond charged at daemon a battle cry on his lips. "Oh I hoped you picked fight." Daemon agreed.

"Larys!"

"Tully its- ser Cole?" Larys questioned.

"Lord Larys." Criston answered.

"Hes fine. Mallory is in love with him." Tully assured as Mallory sat in cristons lap their bowls discarded beside them. "What happened?" Larys hesitated.

"Criston can be trusted." Mallory assured. "Right criston?"

"Whats going on?" Criston countered running his hand over mallorys thigh.

"Right criston?" Mallory demanded.

"Mums the word." Criston agreed.

"Daemon and Rhaenyra have infiltrated the capital." Larys remarked. Criston tensed. "The queen and princess helaena are surely captured by now and aemond will be given the choice to surrender." Larys offered calmly.

"I have to go-" criston declared but mallory wrapped herself around him like an octopus.

"No. You have to stay." Mallory corrected. "If you go they will kill you too." Mallory demanded. "Come on it was just getting good. Dont leave me now."

"Was there more stew left?" Larys questioned moving to the kitchen he put down his bag and rested his cane against the counter. Tully hugged him from behind kissing his back. Larys smiled tipping his head into her.

"You were gone a while. I was worried." Tully whispered.

"Its okay. Im okay. Plus now we are in great with the new king and queen." Larys remarked. Tully made him up a bowl of stew and grabbed him a roll. "Thank you sweetie."

"Im glad you are home Larys."

"No more boy drama for another decade please." Larys requested.

"Oh Im done with boys." Tully agreed. "They are not worth the hassle."