20. Storms End

You Broke Me First / Alicent Hightower out now!

Things were both changing immensely and getting back to normal. Aemond needed unions and his council suggested a union with the Baratheons. 

Tully couldnt believe her ears when she heard such news. 

"He's going to... Storms end?" Tully questioned confused. "For a union?"

"Seems so." Larys agreed. Tully's heart broke. "Daeron, you remember Daeron? He left when he was little. He has been in old town, apparently he is trying to broker a union up north. Aemond will treat Borros with himself, he will be honored to have the king begging for a union." 

"But we are destined to be together." Tully corrected. "We can't be if he marries some storms end wench!"

"You want aemond? Lets get you aemond." Larys decided. Tully stared back at him with wide eyes.

"You would really help me larys?" she sniffled out.

"You are my baby sister there is nothing I wouldn't do for you." 

So Larys got to work. But try as he might there was little he could do to stop such a union that wasnt actually going to happen. He was going to speak to Alicent, tell her that the baratheons were not to be trusted, that Aemond was the king and needed a good queen, someone that already loved him and wanted his best interest at heart but what he heard, he knew would further break Tully's heart. 

"Helaena?" Alicent questioned.

"I love her." Aemond agreed. "She is my sister, the kids need a father-"

"You are the king, you need to form a union if you want to hold that title." Alicent corrected.

"Send Daeron to Storms end." Aemond corrected. 

"Aemond." Alicent begged. 

"I'm the king, I dont have to do anything I dont want. I dont want to marry some stranger. Years ago I said I would marry Helaena in Aegons stead-"

"You were a child!" Alicent declared. 

"And Aegon was a monster which is probably why he was stabbed nearly a dozen times and thrown in the ocean." Aemond agreed. "Mother. I am going to marry Helaena, I will treat her right. I will not be king just to be bossed around. I am the king. You let your father and the king boss you around for years, I will not let you and grandfather do the same to me." Alicent slapped him but quickly pulled her hand back to her chest horrified. Aemond's one eyed gaze slowly locked on her. 

"I did the best I could." Alicent corrected. "I was a child. I was thrown to the dragons and I tried, I tried to..." Alicent sniffled up her pain. "I lost everyone and I was pushed around but everything I did and I do is for my children." Alicent assured her. 

"You will never lay a hand on me again." Aemond said slowly. "Do you understand?" Alicent stared back at him, seeing a darkness she hadnt seen before. Maybe it was the power, maybe it was the crown, it did things to people. "Dont worry mother, I dont plan on losing this war. I quite like being king."

"Aemond, your grace," Tully corrected, curtsying before him. Aemond kept walking and Tully ran to catch up. He was heading to Helaena's chambers to tell her the news. "I know you are planning to go to storms end-"

"I'm not." Aemond corrected. 

"OH?" Tully squealed. 

"No." Aemond agreed. 

"I would like to offer myself as-" Aemond turned sharply to her, making her stumble back a step. 

"I dont know you." Aemond corrected. "We are not getting married if thats what you mean, I'm the king, I make the rules now and Im not marrying some girl that has been following me around like a puppy for moons." Aemond snapped. Tully's lip quivered. Helaena peered out her chambers. 

"Aemond." Helaena demanded. 

"But we are meant to be together, I have it all planned out." Tully corrected softly, eyes pleading with him.

"I'm sorry but I don't know you." Aemond repeated "We are not meant to be, we are never going to be together." He corrected, pushing past her. "You are nothing more than a bother."

"Aemond, please! I know we are meant to be!" Tully begged. But Aemond had work to do and dealing with silly girls and stupid crushes was not on his to do list.

"Helaena I need to speak to you." Aemond remarked. 

"That was so mean!" Helaena countered pushing past him. 

"I'm so stupid." Tully whispered tears falling from her face. "Excuse me, princess. I'm sorry if I have been a bother to you." she whimpered out, her lip quivering, her eyes flooded with tears she could barely see. "I didnt mean to be a bother to you, you dont want to deal with me ever again." 

"Tully you are still my friend." Helaena countered reaching out for her. 

"You dont have to pretend to like me, clearly I'm just a foolish girl that follows you lot around like puppies." Tully cried out before running off. Today was the second worst day of her life. 

"Tully no!" Helaena called after her. "You are my friend..." The word died on her lips as Tully ran off disappearing down a corridor. "Since when did you become a dick like Aegon?" Helaena demanded, turning agressively to Aemond.  

"Tully!" Larys declared holding onto her as she collided with him. "What happened, Gods what happened?" HIs mind raced to the worst. 

"I hate him!" Tully whimpered into Larys. "I hate him!"

"What happened?" 

"Aemond he hates me, I hate him. I never want to see him again. I was so stupid." Tully sobbed out.