17. Where is He?

''Where is Aegon?'' otto demanded looking around.

''N-Not here.' Helaena answered as though Aegon was ever with her.

''He's not in his rooms.'' Alicent informed her. Otto marched back out "Father." Alicent called after him but he didn't stop.

''What's happened?' Helaena asked and Alicent sat next to her.

''Your father...'' Alicent began.

''There is a beast beneath the boards.'' Helaena hissed.

''Oh, my dearest love.'' Alicent said hugging her.

"Agh! The queen is so needy. Always calling upon Criston. Like get a life- Tully?" Mallory questioned peering through the Strongs home. "Tully? You awake? You will never guess what-"

"Mallory." Larys remarked closing the door.

"Is Tully alright?" Mallory questioned

"Still asleep. Let her sleep." Larys requested.

"What happened?" Mallory saw the darkness in larys eyes.

"Aegon... he-"

"No!" Mallory declared. "I told her to stay away from him. That he was bad news."

"She didnt want him." Larys assured. "What are you doing here?"

"My best friend needs me. Gods that boy touched her!" Mallory shrieked. "I am going to kill him. Sink my claws in and rip his balls out."

"Tully wont have to deal with Aegon ever again." Larys offered cautiously. Mallory stared back at him a long silent moment. Mallory was rarely silent so it unnerved Larys. But then a small smile curved her lips.

"You are a good brother, Larys. Tully is lucky to have you." Mallory decided.

''Ser Erryk.'' Otto remarked walking up to him in the gallery sharpening his blade. ''Where's the Prince?''

''Forgive me, Lord Hand. I do not know.'' Erryk admitted rising before him.

''But you're sworn to protect him.'' Oto reminded

''He exploits his authority to order me away, and then he evades me, my Lord." Erryk answered

''I believe he may have left the Keep secretly, gone into the city. Find him.''

"Soo," mallory sat in the arm chair across from larys. The fire flickering before them.

"So." Larys agreed as he sipped his tea.

"If I ever have boy problems will you handle them for me?" Mallory questioned. Larys debated that.

"Are you having boy problems? I thought you only dated men." Larys mused. A smile tugged at Mallorys lips

"You do listen." She agreed.

"Larys?" Tullys voice was small but they both heard it. Mallory ran past larys pushing open tullys door.

"Oh honey," mallory cooed and tully sobbed as Mallory hugged her. "Im so sorry you had to go through that."

"Me too." Tully whimpered.

''Prince Aegon's not to be found within the castle walls, Your Grace." Criston informed Alicent. "Your father has sent Ser Erryk into the city to find him. Ser Erryk knows Aegon. He has the advantage." Criston remarked and Alicent nodded pacing the room.

"I trust again to you, Ser Criston, and to your loyalty." Alicent told him and Criston nodded. "Aegon must be found, and he must be brought to me. The very fate of the Seven Kingdoms depends on it." Alicent instructed. Criston nodded. ''Everything you feel for me... as your Queen." Alicent whispered bringing her face closer to his. Criston and alicent had an interesting relationship. Being the queen she couldnt be seen making teas so their relationship was more the foreplay before mallory came along.

''I will not fail you.'' Criston assured.

"I'll come with you." Aemond said getting up.

''That would not be my desire, Aemond.'' Alicent told him honestly. ''If anything has happened...''

''Cole needs me, Mother. Ser Erryk isn't the only one who knows Aegon's doings.''

"How are you feeling Tully?" Larys questioned from the door.

"Everything hurts." Tully whimpered.

"I will make you some more tea." Larys assured.

"You have the best brother ever." Mallory informed her. Tully wiped at her eyes.

"I do." Tully agreed not knowing what Larys did to Aegon but just knowing that he was the best brother ever.

''It seems you were mistaken as to Aegon's habits." Criston remarked as they walked

"He could be in the hands of mercenaries, on a ship to Yi Ti. He could be dead." Aemond offered nonchalantly.

" Let us hope, for your mother's sake, that is not the case." Criston offered kindly.

"Oh there was news!" Mallory remarked. "Can I tell you or-"

"Anything to distract me." Tully agreed as she tried to take a bite of bread but her stomach was still in knots.

"The king is dead. My father was called in. Thought dorne was invading with how early it was but it is the king. Hes dead and... Aegon is missing." Mallory added with a sly grin.

"Missing?" Tully questioned. "I hope he is dead in the ocean somehwere." Tully grumbled.  Larys smiled grabbing her hand.

"One can hope." Mallory agreed. Tully leaned into larys pushing her food aside. "You know if Aegon is lying dead somewhere, Aemond will be named king in his place."

"Rhaenyra is heir." Tully corrected.

"Yeah well Old Otto is planning a coup. Has been for ages now apparently." Mallory corrected. "And if Aemond is king you will be his queen." Although that would've once excited tully she couldn't find it in her heart to be excited over that. Not with how she was feeling right now.