11. Flexible

"I heard that Rhaenyra and her children are coming to the capital." Larys remarked. 

"Why? Whats going on?" Tully questioned as she made them eggs. 

"Does something have to be wrong? I just thought you wanted to know that your boyfriend is coming-" Larys stopped when Tully glared back at him. 

"Aemond is my future husband, dont be talking like that." Tully demanded. Larys chuckled raising his hands in surrender. 

"Sorry, sorry." Larys agreed. 

"Eat your food." Tully instructed plopping some eggs on his plate. 

"You are excited to see him though, you wrote him enough, he is your friend." Larys reminded her. 

"Yes." Tully admitted. "But Aemond is the love of my life."

"Can never have too many friends."

After breaking their fast they headed to the capital, Larys had some business to attend to and Tully wanted to find Mallory. Larys and Tully parted ways, she was hoping that Aemond was in the courtyard already but he was probably breaking his own fast. She sighed as she saw the courtyard empty. But the gates pushed open, the princess must be here. 

'' All hail Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, Princess of Dragons tone and heir to the Iron Throne and her royal consort, Prince Daemon Targaryen.'' Steffon Darklyn announced as they arrived at the capital.

''Welcome back, Princess.''

"Hi Tully!" Luke declared waving at her. She stared back at him for a long moment.

"Lucerys?"

"I grew up." Luke agreed veering off from his mother. "You did too, you look really beautiful Tully."

"Oh... thank you." Tully answered, shocked that anyone but Larys would call her beautiful. "You got taller. I hardly recognized you." Luke beamed back at her.

"You are more beautiful." Luke remarked. Jace rolled his eyes. 

"Hi Tully." Jace added. 

"Hello Jacaerys." Tully answered. 

"Why do you always call me by my full name?" Jace questioned. 

"I dont know," Tully shrugged. "it's elegant." she offered. 

"Mother calls us by our full names when we are in trouble." Luke admitted. 

"Well you are not in trouble with me, I just think its pretty. Lucerys, Jacaerys..." she shrugged again. "So what are you doing back in the capital?" Luke looked to Jace begging him to bugger off so he could have a moment alone with his future wife. Jace excuse himself. Tully looked to Luke. 

"Petitions and what not, boring stuff." Luke assured. "I loved all your letters." He added happily. "I'm glad you didnt grow bored writing to me." 

"Never, I enjoyed our correspondence." Tully assured him honestly. "What's dragonstone like? I loved reading about it in your letters the statues, the dragons mott, whats that like?" 

"I didnt get to go by myself and walk around, you know investigate," Luke admitted. "Because Daemon was really bossy up there but its really hot and the eggs are gooey. Its kind of gross. But also cool. I got to collect an egg, we put it in a warmer. It will be... one day when I have children of my own-" Luke stared longingly up at Tully. "They will have a dragon egg that I harvested myself, at least thats the hope." 

"Thats really sweet." Tully agreed. 

''Get up.... Aegon!" Alicent shouted. ''Get up!''

'' Mother? What is it?'' Aegon hissed rolling over still hung over his head in the pillow his ass hanging out.

"What is it? What is it? What is it?" That's all you can say for yourself?'' Alicent hissed.

''Has something happened?' aegon said turning around pulling the sheet with him

''Dyana.''

''Mm?'' aegon mumbled in confusion.

''The serving girl.'' Alicent hissed aegon still didn't understand. ''Oh, for the gods' sake. The girl, Aegon. The one you sent fleeing from your company.'' Aegon got up stretching out his arms.

''Oh, it was just harmless fun. She didn't need to go and get upset about it.'

''You are no son of mine." Alicent hissed marching around the room

''I did not ask for this. I've done everything you've asked me to, and I try so... I try so hard, but it will never be enough for you or father.''

"Oh hello boys." Mallory said looking between Jace and Luke. Jace cocked his head back at Mallory. "Look all you want honey but I got myself a man." Mallory informed him. 

"Since when?" Tully demanded. 

"Since just recently." Mallory offered innocently. "He's perfect too." 

"Do you have a man Tully?" Luke questioned, suddenly he was filled with nerves of course someone as beautiful as Tully would have a man. 

"Not yet." Tully admitted softly. "But I have my eye on someone." she added quickly, Luke beamed back at her when she smiled down at him. 

"Me too! I mean, I have my eye on someone too." Luke agreed. Jace rolled his eyes. 

"Come on." Jace insisted. "Mother is meeting with grandfather, I want to see if the old morning star is still here." 

"Cristons morning star?" Mallory questioned. "Oh yes, its still here." She agreed. "We will join you." 

"We will?" Tully questioned as Mallory linked arms with her. 

"Oh honey, I have so much to tell you!" Mallory whispered, completely giddy. 

"I dont see you for a week and you get a man and are glowing, who is he?" Tully questioned as Jace and Luke walked ahead of them, Luke kept glancing back at them. 

"Criston Cole." Mallory purred. Tully's jaw dropped. 

"He's so old." Tully countered. 

"He's so gorgeous." Mallory corrected. "He's mine too, Gods that man. And its going to be great for both of us." 

"How so?" Tully pondered. 

"Because Criston will leave the guard for me, Larys will win over Alicent's heart when the old man croaks and you will have a closer in with Aemond." She explained as though it was obvious. 

"Larys, my brother Larys and the queen?" Tully questioned in disbelief. 

"Honey, you have been so consumed with your love for Aemond you have missed that your brother is severely crushing on his mama." Mallory agreed. 

"My Larys?" Tully questioned. "She's married." 

"And Criston has oaths he was eager to break." mallory agreed tossing her hair over her shoulder. "The rules are flexible in the capital, dont  you know?"