12

"Is something wrong? You dont seem okay to me" Ansh had pulled kaira to aside after examining her unusual behavior. Kaira opened her mouth but the image of her step-father came in her view causing her to shut up again. "Ansh lets go!" Aarav's voice came catching both of their attention. Ansh cupped kaira's face and pressed a long kiss on her forehead "i dont like it when you are quite, keep fighting and using that tongue of yours. Tomorrow is our mehndi and i want to see you happy and smiling ok?" Kaira nodded and smiled at his softness.

How could she hurt this soft hearted man

Ansh pulled away and backed away to leave but kaira pulled him in a hug and inhaled his calming scent. "Pyaar toh nahi ho gaya mujh se?"
"Chiiii jao ab" kaira pulled away and pushed him who shook his head and walked away.

The clock struck 2 am and kaira's eyes shot open, she climbed out of her bed and quietly opened her room's door and sneaked out towards her step-dad's office room.

Kaira's pov

With a firm grip on the door knob i opened the office room and went inside not forgetting to close the door. I went towards the table and searched through the drawers, shelves and whatnot. "This man must have some secret drawer or something like that" i gripped my hair and looked around the room carefully. THE PAINTING! I had heard him talking about it. I spotted the painting which had a golden frame around it and a white horse's picture, i touched the painting and tried rotating it and heard a drawer opening. Damn technology these days!

I bended down the table and rummaged through the drawer finding the USB but before i could grab onto it i heard the door opening.

Cold sweats started forming on my forhead and my hand started growing clammy, my heart drummed against my chest making the situation further worse, the footsteps were appriaching near the table. I looked left and right fuck i couldnt run, so i hid under the table. All of a sudden i heard alarms in which were i guess secretly implanted in the room buzzing. While i was crouched down under the table praying that the man would go away, the alarms started growing louder and louder. "Pathetic attempt my dear child" he came infront of me and grabbed on to my hair making me stand with the force, the USB was now in his hands.

"What did you think? I would be such a fool not to take any action against you?" I felt his face so close to mine and evil lngering in his ugly eyes. He spat against my face as i stared back at him.

"You are trapped from both sides my dear" he laughed and slipped the USB in his pocket moving outside.

I clenched my fist on each of my sides. Fuck fuck fuck i failed!!

The mehndi event